Old 03-26-2008   #1
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Aircraft Carrier

Does anyone know if there will be an Aircraft carrier in The game. Anyone remember "I am Legend" were he was playing golf on one. Well, there is one in new york, and we've already had one in San Fierro before. My question is, is there one in this game, and would you want one?
Old 03-26-2008   #2
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I hope there are some big ships again, but I hope to god they move around this time.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #3
x240xdrifter
Newbie Member

x240xdrifter is on a distinguished roadx240xdrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
Does anyone know if there will be an Aircraft carrier in The game. Anyone remember "I am Legend" were he was playing golf on one. Well, there is one in new york, and we've already had one in San Fierro before. My question is, is there one in this game, and would you want one?
in the real NYC, theres a carrier on the west side of Manhattan. I think there might be one in GTA 4, at the Broker Naval Base. Or maybe there is just a destroyer or something....who knows?
x240xdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #4
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by x240xdrifter
in the real NYC, theres a carrier on the west side of Manhattan. I think there might be one in GTA 4, at the Broker Naval Base. Or maybe there is just a destroyer or something....who knows?
There are indeed few piers on the west side of its GTA IV counterpart, Algonquin, I think no screenshot or video has covered that part yet, there should be chance for it.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #5
gtafan420
GTAfan420

gtafan420 is an unknown quantity at this point
that would be awsome
gtafan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #6
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
There are indeed few piers on the west side of its GTA IV counterpart, Algonquin, I think no screenshot or video has covered that part yet, there should be chance for it.
@ Asif well said.
@ tony...yes I want a carrier to explore an hoping it will have some features to use, not static like the last one. omg ...some of you want to drive it...ok I'll go for that aswell.

I would like to use it as tony said, shoot golf balls off it like in " I am Legend " hoping thats not all tho.

To get us erked R* may put a squadron of unusable Hydra's on board as an easter-egg or spoof...you think?
Old 03-27-2008   #7
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
i sure hope so, or at least some kind of military base, i want a attack heli or a M60 lol
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #8
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about

LOOK DIRECTLY UNDER THE HELICOPTER, I THINK I FOUND THE CARRIER!

Im not sure at all, but it looks a little bit like it.
Old 04-01-2008   #9
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
if you look at the we green section of land below the chopper it could be a mini golf course. But the hanger thing i can not see sorry dude
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #10
Moderate Airbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
if you look at the we green section of land below the chopper it could be a mini golf course. But the hanger thing i can not see sorry dude
Ahem

I think I've just been corrected about the carrier

As you can see, that one pier is real in NYC
Old 04-01-2008   #11
piecake

piecake can only hope to improve
I wish man but maybe you might finaly be able to drive a tanker or something?

piecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #12
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by piecake View Post
I wish man but maybe you might finaly be able to drive a tanker or something?
That would be fun right into the city.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #13
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I hope there is an aircraft carrier you can actually explore, maybe there will be a mission about killing a pilot? (And if you're not careful they'll give you a maximum rating and chase you to your safehouse)
Old 04-01-2008   #14
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

LOOK DIRECTLY UNDER THE HELICOPTER, I THINK I FOUND THE CARRIER!

Im not sure at all, but it looks a little bit like it.
The structure you pointed out is much taller than the piers next to it, so it is the correct size for a small light A/C carrier..maybe you've found it

I can see no details in that screen other than that..no superstructure is seen but the whole thing is not seen in that screen.. at least as I can tell.
Old 12-12-2012   #15
yonglewin592
Newbie Member

yonglewin592 is an unknown quantity at this point
GOOD
yonglewin592 is offline   Reply With Quote