Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008   #1
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Do you think the "Leaked" Map was deliberate or mistake?

So as many people have seen the new map, questions start to arise on how this possibly came...
Was it a attention seaking R* employee, a stolen copy or most likely leaked by R* deliberatly to keep us on our toes?

What do you think... i think R* did it deliberatly
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #2
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
Well it could have been deliberate, but I believe a warehouse worker snagged a copy. You know they have to be mass producing this game in the millions so I mean one copy gone doesn't seem to be a big deal. I would have rather of snagged the game instead though, not the map.
Old 03-26-2008   #3
california6066

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
Well it could have been deliberate, but I believe a warehouse worker snagged a copy. You know they have to be mass producing this game in the millions so I mean one copy gone doesn't seem to be a big deal. I would have rather of snagged the game instead though, not the map.
he proberbly did steel a copy, i dont know but maybe we might have some new gameplay soon who knows./
Old 03-26-2008   #4
DanTastic
Comes Free With Your Cereal
Amateur Member

DanTastic is on a distinguished roadDanTastic is on a distinguished roadDanTastic is on a distinguished roadDanTastic is on a distinguished roadDanTastic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by california6066 View Post
he proberbly did steel a copy, i dont know but maybe we might have some new gameplay soon who knows./
Yeah but could you imagine the lawsuit!?!

Don't be afraid. . . I'm only reading over your shoulder
DanTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
If it was deliberate, then we would not have received an email requesting removal of the images.
Old 03-26-2008   #6
california6066

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTastic View Post
Yeah but could you imagine the lawsuit!?!
depends if they find out who stole it
Old 03-26-2008   #7
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
Don't forget the printers who produced the prints... There are always some extra ones. Some even go in the trash. One could easily get lost along the way..
________
B platform

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:36 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #8
california6066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
If it was deliberate, then we would not have received an email requesting removal of the images.
i dont know you never know with rockstar they have always been crafty with leaks and stuff IMO
Old 03-26-2008   #9
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
With Rockstar being as notoriously discrete about releasing info, people will be even more motivated to defy them and bring material out in the light. You can't keep a production of this scale completely under wraps. There are too many people involved.
________
N Series Tractors

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:36 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #10
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Rats ! ! did you have to remove the maps ?

I only seen them on another gaming site, a relative told me about whilst I was visiting, as soon as I got home...I tried to find them here.
Old 03-26-2008   #11
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
I didnt think they started producing the game until it goes gold...has it gone gold? or am I wrong?
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #12
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's safe to say It's now Gold, which might of meant my thread a few weeks back could of been right.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #13
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
If some guy has snagged a copy of the game from somewhere as well as the map, he'll be stupid to play it. The temptation to play online would be too much and as soon as he tried, rockstar would be able to rumble him.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #14
Jimm_Starr

Jimm_Starr can only hope to improve
but there would be no one to play...yet...now....is....there......

so how would you get tempted to play online
Jimm_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #15
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I think that there are certain things which publishers can do to ensure that their title gains the attention of the media. I don't think that the relatively small amount of coverage that the map debacle received would be worth the effort of trying to deliberately engineer a "leak".

Probably just someone at the place where they print the inserts for the game like the manual and the cover etc sneaked one out. This may not actually be the same place where they press the discs.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote