Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008   #31
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG View Post
Alderney State Correctional Facility...I think Alderney is a state. will have to wait an see, could be one of thos R* surprizes they like to pull on us....you think?
Infact, if you look at the previously posted map, something i cant post anymore, the first of the photos showing the subway map, shows that alderney infact is laying next to algonquin...
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #32
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
If R* taught us anything, it's that they have no problem at all with puting cties from different states in the same place, see: San Andreas. They've said there are five LC boroughs, the five in New York minus Staten, and New Jersey in its place. Before you're actually going to start wondering how New Jersey could be part of a city based on New York, ask Las Venturas what the hell it's doing in a representation of California.
ZCAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #33
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
@ Phil ..Yeah true also I think...NYC is to NY what Alderey is to Alderney City, its possible where right Phil. I think Alderney will have some R* secrets aswell.

@ Zcab..well said.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #34
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
@ Phil ..Yeah true also I think...NYC is to NY what Alderey is to Alderney City, its possible where right Phil. I think Alderney will have some R* secrets aswell.

@ Zcab..well said.
Well actually i didn't agree with you... sorry

Its really freaking hard to explain without pictures.. but bare with me

If you look at the subway map, Alderney is situated next to Algonquin, seperated by the West River. Now look on the whole LC map, you'll see that Alderney is just an island next to Algonquin, not an entire state..
Old 03-27-2008   #35
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
edit: this is a made up world remember,so R* can take Liberty( no pun intend)

That was totally pun intended, you even capitalized the L in Liberty! : P

Anyway I just had this thought... on the map Alderney appears to go all the way out to the edge of the map, but how will R* handle this? I mean in all the previous games it was all islands, so you had water all the way around. How will they set up a barrier to confine you on land? Invisible wall? Unrealistically steep hill? Very dense bushes? I certainly can't imagine...
________
Chrysler D platform specifications

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:38 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #36
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure if I can remember but somewhere on this site, it was talked about an the bridges will be closed do to a terroist threat, there is a river there. Also the police level may go high if you swim, boat, or fly in, perhaps. You'll have to search or wait here.

someone may have a link to that, one thing certain, no invisi barriers.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #37
JJagoff
Amateur Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if I can remember but somewhere on this site, it was talked about an the bridges will be closed do to a terroist threat, there is a river there. Also the police level may go high if you swim, boat, or fly in, perhaps. You'll have to search or wait here.

someone may have a link to that, one thing certain, no invisi barriers.
Edit:

Oh my mistake... i mistook the subway map, for the map of the whole game. That's why I was confused for a sec.
________
vapor genie vaporizer

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Old 03-27-2008   #38
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJagoff View Post
That's the bridges that connects the boroughs. I'm talking about the very edge of the map, where the land mass of Alderney goes all the way out to edge of the map. What is bbeyond that point, and why isn't it on the leaked map?
Its just the way the map is shaped... there's just water there..
Old 03-27-2008   #39
JJagoff
Amateur Member

Yah, I mixed up the maps, thinking the subway map showed all of the game. That's why I was confused. Cause in the subway map Alderney is cut off. : P
________
weed vaporizers

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 03-27-2008   #40
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJagoff View Post
Yah, I mixed up the maps, thinking the subway map showed all of the game. That's why I was confused. Cause in the subway map Alderney is cut off. : P
correct, but on the top left corner'ish you can see a tip of alderney, even with 'alderney' written on it
Old 03-27-2008   #41
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Anyone noticed 'Castle Tunnel' at the bottom of Algonquin? It's going straight south, not connecting to any of the other boroughs; wondering where it leads to.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #42
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
You never know Asif, it just might be another ghost town like GTA III.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #43
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Its supposed to spoof the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel. As for where it goes, anyones guess.

As for the earlier licinse plate discution, Why the fuck would the creative minds at R* be so stupid to make a state called Liberty City? I can understand if its Liberty state, but its not, its Liberty City State. Wtf?
AvatarMike17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #44
JJagoff
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
correct, but on the top left corner'ish you can see a tip of alderney, even with 'alderney' written on it
Yes I know. That was what confused me. I thought that the edge of the map went through Alderney, which would have resulted in an invisible wall going right through Alderney... *sigh*
________
vaporizers

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 03-27-2008   #45
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
All have to say is if Liberty City turns out to be bigger than San Andreas then i will be happy. Imagin the MP modes they
will be amazing an entire city to play in that is opened at the start

Last edited by claud3; 03-27-2008 at 08:32 AM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote