Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008   #16
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
it is an intresting concept, but i think we have to assume that the entire playable map is Liberty City. It will be bigger then SA anyway because it is more dense, and the fact that there is more to the game vertically. ie going up in buidlings.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #17
datballa
Newbie Member

datballa is an unknown quantity at this point
I can see what you are saying. Alderney is defitnately not a part of Liberty City.

Liberty City > New York City (4 Boroughs)
Alderney > New Jersey (Section of NJ)

Alderney alone is as big as Algonquin. If you get rid of all the dead space in san andreas, then yeah I could see LC+Alderney being as big, or maybe even a tad bigger, than sa.
datballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #18
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
well when i read that article of the unnoficial xbox magazine it said "liberty city is twice the size of vice city smaller than san andreas and 3 times more dense" or something like that, if u want to read that article its in one of these forums and when i read that i was kinda dissapointed i was hoping it would be like almost san andreas in land size with maybe just the city of san fierro missing or something in that natrure
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #19
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
What did you smoke?

There's no real proof anywhere in that....
I'm not familar with N.J.( Alderney in LC), does this state have a lot of open land? In some screens an stuff, you see Niko or someone driving through a country area, or am I smoking strong stuff, haha thanks for the LoL, Phil

edit: Alderney State Correctionl Facility....hmmm got to study on that.

Last edited by FG; 03-26-2008 at 07:37 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #20
datballa
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG View Post
I'm not familar with N.J.( Alderney in LC), does this state have a lot of open land? In some screens an stuff, you see Niko or someone driving through a country area, or am I smoking strong stuff, haha thanks for the LoL, Phil

Yeah, New Jersey is Rural. Some parts are more city like in jersey, but for the most part, its mainly houses and open space.
Old 03-26-2008   #21
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Alderney State Correctional Facility...I think Alderney is a state. will have to wait an see, could be one of thos R* surprizes they like to pull on us....you think?

Last edited by FG; 03-26-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Old 03-26-2008   #22
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Theres also Marshlands in New Jersey, right off the Hudson.

On a note FG, I just found a License plate on a car that says

Liberty City State, so the whole city could be a state?
Old 03-26-2008   #23
datballa
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG View Post
Alderney State Correctional Facility...I think Alderney is a state. will have to wait an see, could be one of thos R* surprizes they like to pull on us....you think?

Well I dont think it's a whole complete state, but its defitnately not a part of LC.
Old 03-26-2008   #24
sb4ap
II Sammy B II

sb4ap can only hope to improve
jjagoff is right
Old 03-26-2008   #25
FG
CJ would be so proud

tony look at the map you have a good eye for maps, the eastern most county/or neighbor hood is very desolate looking, is this like real NJ?

also it 2or3 times bigger in mass than the others.
Old 03-26-2008   #26
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Yes, it does look much like the Jersey City/Newark/HackenSack area. With the Exception of the Jersey City & Newark skylines and the Newark airport, this is a good represintation of the Hudson river area of New Jersey.
Old 03-26-2008   #27
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
There are no solid proof really there, we'll just have to believe what R* said and wait and see what 29th April gives.
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #28
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Broker and about half of Dukes can take on any major City from San Andreas. Algonquin, Alderney would be too big for each of the 3.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #29
Jimm_Starr

Jimm_Starr can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
Theres also Marshlands in New Jersey, right off the Hudson.

On a note FG, I just found a License plate on a car that says

Liberty City State, so the whole city could be a state?

Naw licensce plates in all cities have to have the state name.... cuz i'm in miami and all plates say florida.... plus Carser City is in LC State
Jimm_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #30
FG
CJ would be so proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm_Starr View Post
Naw licensce plates in all cities have to have the state name.... cuz i'm in miami and all plates say florida.... plus Carser City is in LC State
It could as NewYork State an New York City = Liberty state an Liberty City, it kinda works out that way.

Then there is the possiblity of Alderney, now its got Alderney City....so what is Alderney ? hmmm .

edit: this is a made up world remember,so R* can take Liberty( no pun intend)

Last edited by FG; 03-27-2008 at 02:46 AM..