Old 03-26-2008   #1
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
falling....

i know with euphoria being used that the physics are going to be intense and we have viewed in past trailers people falling or jumping and then rolling out, but what about falling from builings or abandoning helicopers midflight, and for that matter when it dropps out the air will you come face to face with the blades still spinning?
i know its a bit sadistic but one of the first things il do when i get the game is climb as high as i can and jump, just to see what happens, maybe if you fall far enough you will bounce off the pavement like in max payne
what would you like to see
any thoughts/comments
almostrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #2
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
Realism. As in "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH"... smack. dead.
Riffmaster Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #3
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
I want to survive the fall but then be pecked alive by honey badgers when you hit the ground. 0_o
Okay, jokies, i want the same as jon
TomFratelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #4
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe theres a truck that has marsh mellows in it and not die only brake a arm hmm.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I happen to be the driver of said truck. I'm very angry.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #6
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney View Post
i know with euphoria being used that the physics are going to be intense and we have viewed in past trailers people falling or jumping and then rolling out, but what about falling from builings or abandoning helicopers midflight, and for that matter when it dropps out the air will you come face to face with the blades still spinning?
i know its a bit sadistic but one of the first things il do when i get the game is climb as high as i can and jump, just to see what happens, maybe if you fall far enough you will bounce off the pavement like in max payne
what would you like to see
any thoughts/comments
I've seen some endorphin videoes where they fall a long way down, and there is some bounce to them when they hit the ground. Euphoria will probably be the same.
________
Honda CT50 Motra history

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:35 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #7
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
the bailing out of helicopters has always bugged me, it should like slowly spin and keep going in the same general direction once you bail, not shut the engine off and fall like a rock. planes kind of did this in SA but helicopters were crap
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #8
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJagoff View Post
I've seen some endorphin videoes where they fall a long way down, and there is some bounce to them when they hit the ground. Euphoria will probably be the same.
Euphoria and Endorphin are not the same thing. Endorphin creates canned fbx animation files by combining pre-made mocaps with behavior events and other simulations.

The animations made in endorphin don't occur in real-time like with Euphoria.
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #9
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post
Euphoria and Endorphin are not the same thing. Endorphin creates canned fbx animation files by combining pre-made mocaps with behavior events and other simulations.

No, but both are made by Natural Motion, and both use the same kind of software. So, they should look pretty much the same.
Old 03-26-2008   #10
JJagoff
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post

I'm perfectly aware of that, thank you. However, wether or not the animation is dynamic or canned, hardly has anything to do with what happens when a guy is taken to a high place and let go. Admitted I'm no physics expert but I think the body hitting the ground will react the same way.

Edit: Thank you Jon, nice to see someone who thinks before they talk. : )
________
silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 03-26-2008   #11
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmaster Jon View Post
No, but both are made by Natural Motion, and both use the same kind of software. So, they should look pretty much the same.
Trust me, they'll be very different. Pre-made animations don't even match up to what we've seen of Euphoria.
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #12
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
Trust me, they'll be very different. Pre-made animations don't even match up to what we've seen of Euphoria.
I take it you've never used endorphin.
http://www.naturalmotion.com/ele.htm

The animations aren't pre-made. You make the animations the same way Euphoria does, the only difference is that Endorphin records the animations instead of making them on the spot.
Old 03-26-2008   #13
JJagoff
Amateur Member

Exactly right!

Perhaps this can shed a little bit of light on your question, Almostrodney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIInh7S6XGE
________
website design

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 03-26-2008   #14
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmaster Jon View Post
I take it you've never used endorphin.
http://www.naturalmotion.com/ele.htm

The animations aren't pre-made. You make the animations the same way Euphoria does, the only difference is that Endorphin records the animations instead of making them on the spot.
I've seen many videos of it and for some reason everyone's told me their pre-made. :/

Well, I guess that my point was that pre-made / recorded animations probably don't compare to on the spot.
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #15
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
i just hope when you fall, you dont do the classic GTA fall
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote