Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008   #16
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/...p_20060102.jpg

I think this says it all really. It seemed big, especially back then, but just look at how few roads there are and such.

It appears to me that what Niko is overlooking alone, has the size of the three GTA3 islands combined.
________
XR80

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:35 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #17
anton2015
Newbie Member

anton2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone notice how the horizon bends, looks way too steap. If i didnt know any better from that shot id say Liberty City is about 1/5 of the world

Just thought id mention it
anton2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #18
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
The combination of being up in the air, able to see the Earth's relative curvature, and the angle from which the shot was taken (with almost a wide angle effect) can exaggerate the horizon.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #19
Jimm_Starr

Jimm_Starr can only hope to improve
DAMN!!!
Jimm_Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #20
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
* jaw hits floor, and almosts nuts in pants*
OMG XD
phlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #21
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
not only is that a good scale, it shows how good the draw distance is
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #22
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post

Quick observations

One
The tallest building in this shot is the Citicorp tower, the tallest in queens

two
in the upper left of queens you can see the worlds fair towers

three
way in the background, it looks like an Airport, like JFK.
Old 03-25-2008   #23
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't matter to me, really. I was just saying what I thought right off the top of my head.
Old 03-25-2008   #24
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
three
You're probably seeing "Francis International". [Screen]

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #25
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
GOOD GOD LOOK AT THAT DRAW DISTANCE!!!!
Old 03-25-2008   #26
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
Quick observations

One
The tallest building in this shot is the Citicorp tower, the tallest in queens

two
in the upper left of queens you can see the worlds fair towers

three
I mentioned the first two in the paragraph under the screenshot, but Francis Intl. would also be in Dukes, considering it's real life counterpart JFK Intl. is in Queens. Very nice observation!
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #27
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
I mentioned the first two in the paragraph under the screenshot, but Francis Intl. would also be in Dukes, considering it's real life counterpart JFK Intl. is in Queens. Very nice observation!
Yeah, you only knew about citicorp after I posted it weeks ago

Anyways, I have a good question, does anyone see the Cable cars next to the Manhattan Bridge in this shot, I don't see it.
Old 03-25-2008   #28
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Zidane is right. Remember, this is a helicopter shot. things get smaller in the air. This game will be huge, but its only like a bit bigger than LC.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #29
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21 View Post
Zidane is right. Remember, this is a helicopter shot. things get smaller in the air. This game will be huge, but its only like a bit bigger than LC.
Yeah so, we're going to get an area smaller than VC I suppose? The PS2 Liberty City is very small. The size of this map is going to be only slightly smaller than all of San Andreas, that's coming straight from Rockstar! What is so hard to get about that statement? Just take a good look at that picture. Everything that you see right there is undoubtedly larger in scale than the entire "old" LC area.
Old 03-26-2008   #30
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Yeah so, we're going to get an area smaller than VC I suppose? The PS2 Liberty City is very small. The size of this map is going to be only slightly smaller than all of San Andreas, that's coming straight from Rockstar! What is so hard to get about that statement? Just take a good look at that picture. Everything that you see right there is undoubtedly larger in scale than the entire "old" LC area.
I cant emphasize enough on this.. stop saying anything else, its plain wrong, it will way way larger than III's LC..

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote