Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008   #1
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 455
Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Gametrailers' Bonus Round - Episode 20: GTA IV

On the current episode of Bonus Round, Analyst Michael Pachter,Vivendi Universal Exec Producer Pete Wanat, and Gamepro Senior Editor Chris Morrel discuss the hype and (impending) controversy surrounding GTA IV.

Part 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=20&pt=1

SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32144.html

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32143.html
__________________

Last edited by Skillet; 03-23-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #2
El Matador Rojo
The Red Killer
Newbie Member
 
El Matador Rojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mexico, 1944.
Posts: 28
El Matador Rojo can only hope to improve
Thanks Man. It's really worth watching, but god i hate gametrailers videos player....
__________________
Quote:
Mexico's #1 GTA Fan [98+% in all of 'em]



Last edited by El Matador Rojo; 03-23-2008 at 11:52 PM..
El Matador Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #3
monkio
I am A monkey Yo
 
monkio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 779
monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
yeah it was a good watch. Release date for part 2?
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #4
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,261
Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty interesting.. meh
__________________

..
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #5
Frander
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 17
Frander is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Pretty interesting.. meh
Couldn't have said it better myself. meh
Frander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #6
thugskater
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
thugskater is an unknown quantity at this point
it was an ok watch... the thing that keeps bothering me is that all the reports about what they add to the game, to me, say that rockstar is adding drunk driving, rockstar is adding strippers.... strippers were in gta:SA, drunk driving was in gtaC in boomshine saigon (pardon spelling if its wrong) none of this is new... theyre just making a big deal out of it because rockstar hasnt released any info about some other controversial matter in the game or there just isn't any (which i highly doubt). i think people just look for any reason to bash this game, either in a marketing ploy, or because they think that just because its gta it must be offensive in some new way each time.

thougts? if you felt like reading all of that haha
thugskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #7
Bfett21
Registered User
Addicted Member
 
Bfett21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,263
Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugskater View Post
it was an ok watch... the thing that keeps bothering me is that all the reports about what they add to the game, to me, say that rockstar is adding drunk driving, rockstar is adding strippers.... strippers were in gta:SA, drunk driving was in gtaC in boomshine saigon (pardon spelling if its wrong) none of this is new... theyre just making a big deal out of it because rockstar hasnt released any info about some other controversial matter in the game or there just isn't any (which i highly doubt). i think people just look for any reason to bash this game, either in a marketing ploy, or because they think that just because its gta it must be offensive in some new way each time.

thougts? if you felt like reading all of that haha
you are reading too much into things friend-o

the fact is you can get drunk at any time in GTA4 and then drive. this is the issue.
the Boomshine mission, you didnt consume any alcohol. it was just getting you drunk from the fumes.
and there was strippers in vice city.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #8
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 455
Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio View Post
yeah it was a good watch. Release date for part 2?
Next Sunday (3/30).
__________________
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #9
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member
 
Tendercrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,445
Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Sorta interesting.

The older guy on the left made a decent point about the drunk driving, but then the fat guy made a better point about the violence being much worse than someone driving drunk.

I think drunk driving was added to create controversy. There's no denying Rockstar pushes the envelope because it's what sets them aside from other gameplay developers. Controversy is what helps them sell so much. People will by the game and play it just to see what the big deal is.

But I also think getting drunk was added for entertainment value as well. With the realistic physics this time around, seeing your player stumble around like a dumbass will be hilarious to watch.

Oh, and they added it because the main player needs to fit stereotypes.

CJ was the only black, thuggish, inner-city-type main character in the series. He also was the only main character who could play basketball. The feature didn't add to much replay value, but it sure as hell helped him fit some stereotypes.

And stereotyping helps create more controversy, and, if done right, can be funny.
__________________
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #10
Playboy X
GTAIV - 4/29
 
Playboy X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 184
Playboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure there's worse things in the game than drunk driving. haha. Not only did Vice City already have it but Saints Row had being drunk whenever you wanted. If they make a big deal about this then they're pretty much embarrassing themselves.
__________________
Playboy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #11
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner
Junior Member
 
greekgoat91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 51
greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post
Sorta interesting.

The older guy on the left made a decent point about the drunk driving, but then the fat guy made a better point about the violence being much worse than someone driving drunk.

I think drunk driving was added to create controversy. There's no denying Rockstar pushes the envelope because it's what sets them aside from other gameplay developers. Controversy is what helps them sell so much. People will by the game and play it just to see what the big deal is.

But I also think getting drunk was added for entertainment value as well. With the realistic physics this time around, seeing your player stumble around like a dumbass will be hilarious to watch.

Oh, and they added it because the main player needs to fit stereotypes.

CJ was the only black, thuggish, inner-city-type main character in the series. He also was the only main character who could play basketball. The feature didn't add to much replay value, but it sure as hell helped him fit some stereotypes.

And stereotyping helps create more controversy, and, if done right, can be funny.
not to be racist (just going by stereotypes), but how come they made CJ the first character that was able to swim.
__________________
run up on your block like CJ from San Andreas
greekgoat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #12
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member
 
Tendercrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,445
Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
not to be racist (just going by stereotypes), but how come they made CJ the first character that was able to swim.

Irony. Everyone knows that black people can't swim LOLOL.

jk.

Seriously, I think it was just a long-desired feature that needed to be added. And it just happened by chance that CJ was the first character who could swim.
__________________
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #13
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com
 
Gotadime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 430
Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
I noticed that they said the game hadn't been rated by the ESRB yet. I was pretty sure it got an "M" rating over the weekend (thank God). Am I right? Was this video just created before the rating?

On another note, there was drunk driving in Saints Row - nothing was said about that tho...ha.
__________________


^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125

Last edited by Gotadime; 03-24-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #14
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 455
Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
I noticed that they said the game hadn't been rated by the ESRB yet. I was pretty sure it got an "M" rating over the weekend (thank God). Am I right? Was this video just created before the rating?

On another note, there was drunk driving in Saints Row - nothing was said about that tho...ha.
The segment was shot the Monday before the ESRB rated the game.
__________________
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #15
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com
 
Gotadime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 430
Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
The segment was shot the Monday before the ESRB rated the game.
That makes sense.
__________________


^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.