Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008   #1
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Gametrailers' Bonus Round - Episode 20: GTA IV

On the current episode of Bonus Round, Analyst Michael Pachter,Vivendi Universal Exec Producer Pete Wanat, and Gamepro Senior Editor Chris Morrel discuss the hype and (impending) controversy surrounding GTA IV.

Part 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=20&pt=1

SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32144.html

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32143.html

Last edited by Skillet; 03-23-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #2
El Matador Rojo
The Red Killer
Newbie Member

El Matador Rojo can only hope to improve
Thanks Man. It's really worth watching, but god i hate gametrailers videos player....
Mexico's #1 GTA Fan [98+% in all of 'em]

Last edited by El Matador Rojo; 03-23-2008 at 11:52 PM..
El Matador Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #3
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
yeah it was a good watch. Release date for part 2?
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #4
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty interesting.. meh

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #5
Frander
Newbie Member

Frander is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Pretty interesting.. meh
Couldn't have said it better myself. meh
Frander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #6
thugskater
Newbie Member

thugskater is an unknown quantity at this point
it was an ok watch... the thing that keeps bothering me is that all the reports about what they add to the game, to me, say that rockstar is adding drunk driving, rockstar is adding strippers.... strippers were in gta:SA, drunk driving was in gtaC in boomshine saigon (pardon spelling if its wrong) none of this is new... theyre just making a big deal out of it because rockstar hasnt released any info about some other controversial matter in the game or there just isn't any (which i highly doubt). i think people just look for any reason to bash this game, either in a marketing ploy, or because they think that just because its gta it must be offensive in some new way each time.

thougts? if you felt like reading all of that haha
thugskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #7
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugskater View Post
it was an ok watch... the thing that keeps bothering me is that all the reports about what they add to the game, to me, say that rockstar is adding drunk driving, rockstar is adding strippers.... strippers were in gta:SA, drunk driving was in gtaC in boomshine saigon (pardon spelling if its wrong) none of this is new... theyre just making a big deal out of it because rockstar hasnt released any info about some other controversial matter in the game or there just isn't any (which i highly doubt). i think people just look for any reason to bash this game, either in a marketing ploy, or because they think that just because its gta it must be offensive in some new way each time.

thougts? if you felt like reading all of that haha
you are reading too much into things friend-o

the fact is you can get drunk at any time in GTA4 and then drive. this is the issue.
the Boomshine mission, you didnt consume any alcohol. it was just getting you drunk from the fumes.
and there was strippers in vice city.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #8
Skillet

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio View Post
yeah it was a good watch. Release date for part 2?
Next Sunday (3/30).
Old 03-24-2008   #9
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Sorta interesting.

The older guy on the left made a decent point about the drunk driving, but then the fat guy made a better point about the violence being much worse than someone driving drunk.

I think drunk driving was added to create controversy. There's no denying Rockstar pushes the envelope because it's what sets them aside from other gameplay developers. Controversy is what helps them sell so much. People will by the game and play it just to see what the big deal is.

But I also think getting drunk was added for entertainment value as well. With the realistic physics this time around, seeing your player stumble around like a dumbass will be hilarious to watch.

Oh, and they added it because the main player needs to fit stereotypes.

CJ was the only black, thuggish, inner-city-type main character in the series. He also was the only main character who could play basketball. The feature didn't add to much replay value, but it sure as hell helped him fit some stereotypes.

And stereotyping helps create more controversy, and, if done right, can be funny.
Old 03-24-2008   #10
Playboy X
GTAIV - 4/29

Playboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure there's worse things in the game than drunk driving. haha. Not only did Vice City already have it but Saints Row had being drunk whenever you wanted. If they make a big deal about this then they're pretty much embarrassing themselves.
Old 03-24-2008   #11
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner

greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp View Post
Sorta interesting.

The older guy on the left made a decent point about the drunk driving, but then the fat guy made a better point about the violence being much worse than someone driving drunk.

I think drunk driving was added to create controversy. There's no denying Rockstar pushes the envelope because it's what sets them aside from other gameplay developers. Controversy is what helps them sell so much. People will by the game and play it just to see what the big deal is.

But I also think getting drunk was added for entertainment value as well. With the realistic physics this time around, seeing your player stumble around like a dumbass will be hilarious to watch.

Oh, and they added it because the main player needs to fit stereotypes.

CJ was the only black, thuggish, inner-city-type main character in the series. He also was the only main character who could play basketball. The feature didn't add to much replay value, but it sure as hell helped him fit some stereotypes.

And stereotyping helps create more controversy, and, if done right, can be funny.
not to be racist (just going by stereotypes), but how come they made CJ the first character that was able to swim.
Old 03-24-2008   #12
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
not to be racist (just going by stereotypes), but how come they made CJ the first character that was able to swim.

Irony. Everyone knows that black people can't swim LOLOL.

jk.

Seriously, I think it was just a long-desired feature that needed to be added. And it just happened by chance that CJ was the first character who could swim.
Old 03-24-2008   #13
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
I noticed that they said the game hadn't been rated by the ESRB yet. I was pretty sure it got an "M" rating over the weekend (thank God). Am I right? Was this video just created before the rating?

On another note, there was drunk driving in Saints Row - nothing was said about that tho...ha.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125

Last edited by Gotadime; 03-24-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #14
Skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
I noticed that they said the game hadn't been rated by the ESRB yet. I was pretty sure it got an "M" rating over the weekend (thank God). Am I right? Was this video just created before the rating?

On another note, there was drunk driving in Saints Row - nothing was said about that tho...ha.
The segment was shot the Monday before the ESRB rated the game.
Old 03-24-2008   #15
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
The segment was shot the Monday before the ESRB rated the game.
That makes sense.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote