Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008   #1
The_D_Man
Resistance Is Futile
Newbie Member

The_D_Man is an unknown quantity at this point
How realistic are the police?

So how realistic is this game going to be? I mean are the police going to be blind to everything you do until you run someone down with your car, or will they pull your over for running a red light? Do they pull you over at all?
The_D_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #2
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Now, Police will come after you if you don't conceal your weapon and I) a police officer around sees you carrying the weapon or II) some pedestrians notice you carrying them and call the police with their phone (some magazine preview told about this possibility few months ago).

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #3
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you wont to get pulled over for driving through red lights go play Mafia.

Last edited by smoking12; 03-16-2008 at 06:17 PM..
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #4
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
it would be fun tho, thats one of the reasons why i like the driver series. its fun going fast as hell and driving like a maniac but when you can do it right in front of a cop and they do nothing it gets somewhat boring afterawhile, like going 100+ and slamming into a bunch of cars right in front of a cop that does nothign until you hit him or run someone over gets boring lol.

BUT the big difference is in the driver deries you could always tell where the cops where so if you dont want to get chased you could slow down and avoid them. GTA's you never knew where they were so i can see how it could get annoying. (lets face it we all like driving fast as hell without any concequnces SOMETIMES.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #5
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
i love it when i hit like 5+ cars right in front of a cop and they do Nothing LOL
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #6
Disorder
I'm Going To Make You Bald

Disorder is an unknown quantity at this point
From the sounds of things, the search and evasion behaviour of the police will be very realistic as it is based on their field of vision. I, for one, will be relieved when the days of running a couple of blocks away then hiding in an alley only to look up and see a very persistent cop still chasing you, are over.

PSN: makeyoubald
Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #7
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
i wonder if there will be like unlimited helicoptyers again, that would SUCK. you blow one up and not litterally 5 seconds go by and another comes. or in a tinyest of towns or in the boonies there will be like 10 cops...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #8
Telk

Telk is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope the police do what they did in saints row and help you if your getting attacked. i hope the police are there to bust everyone..... not just you
Telk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #9
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telk View Post
i hope the police do what they did in saints row and help you if your getting attacked. i hope the police are there to bust everyone..... not just you
Well from the looks of that LCPD trailer, I think your wish is granted.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31617.html
Old 03-17-2008   #10
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
real enough but not to real because that could not be gta they have to be gta real in there world not ours
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #11
Frander
Newbie Member

Frander is an unknown quantity at this point
If you call them, they will come to your place and search the area for crime etc. etc.

Last edited by Frander; 03-19-2008 at 08:10 AM..
Frander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #12
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I can't wait to start snitching on some crims.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #13
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
the police will be realistic be not to realistic so the game is not like mafia but if you bail from your car and the car hits a ped or peds will you get a wanted star or two

You never did in the other gta games

even it the cops were there
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote