Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008   #61
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
I'd just like to point out that these "companies" are meant to parody companies that exist in pop culture today.

The Blarneys Stout would be more likened to Guinness. I haven't even heard of the other company. While the names are more in tune obviously, I think the point is to reflect famous real word counterparts. And the logo itself is very similar to the actual Guinness logo.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #62
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
also sounds like ball sac
also i hope you dont mind if i jack some of your observations for our content pages!
Not at all man, just feels good to contribute.
Old 03-16-2008   #63
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrix View Post
I'd just like to point out that these "companies" are meant to parody companies that exist in pop culture today.

The Blarneys Stout would be more likened to Guinness. I haven't even heard of the other company. While the names are more in tune obviously, I think the point is to reflect famous real word counterparts. And the logo itself is very similar to the actual Guinness logo.

Well, then give us your two cents, cyrix. Help is always welcome, haha.

I'll change it to Guinness.

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 03-16-2008 at 11:01 PM..
ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #64
cyrix
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Well there's Miss T, reminds me of TJ MAXX. A discount clothing store.

Pharaoh. Borders maybe? Barnes and Noble? Both have similar logos.

Redwood reminds me of Marlboro which have a traditionally red package and similar font.

RS Haul could be U-Haul

Old 03-16-2008   #65
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Yeah RS Haul is clearly U-Haul with a humorous slogan (dumping your load...pooping..harhar)

Also Didier Sachs has a similar name to Saks Fifth Avenue, a luxurious clothing store, and a similar design to D&G (Dolce & Gabbana), a designer clothing store.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #66
zeppelin

Rappo on the Parodies page, Burger Shot could also be related to portion size and obesity. I saw on GTAIV website the interior and there was a 6lb. Burger in there, lol!!!

And the Dusche liquor, is referring to the the cleansing of vaginal irrigation device, otherwise known as Douche, I learned that from Health class in college. I'ze smart now that I know that ( Ahuh, huh).

Last edited by zeppelin; 03-16-2008 at 11:24 PM..
zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #67
cyrix
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
Does Cluckin' Bell parody Taco Bell or KFC. They both are run by the same corporation, so I would say both.
Well they have KFC/Taco Bell stores that are combined into one. Same with Pizza Hut/KFC. So it's fair to say both. Plus the visual style of the stores themselves mock taco bell.

Old 03-16-2008   #68
zeppelin

Yeah I thought about it, and I took that post down because it seemed like a dumb question after I asked it. Thank you though your absolutely right.
Old 03-16-2008   #69
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
And the Dusche liquor, is referring to the the cleansing of vaginal irrigation device, otherwise known as Douche, I learned that from Health class in college. I'ze smart now that I know that ( Ahuh, huh).
well actually dusche is german for "shower" (related words like ducha appear in many other languages). although it may be a play on words for douche, the full name of the liquor translates to "golden shower." while it may refer to being drenched with beer, golden showers are more commonly associated with people who have urine fetishes - golden showers = getting pissed on

lovely i know
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #70
zeppelin

I've found another business, in a very early screenshot of GTA. Stanley's Fireproof Door Co., its probably no big deal just another business name/parody of something.
Old 03-18-2008   #71
IcyElement
Newbie Member

IcyElement is an unknown quantity at this point
About the in-game beer pisswasser.. i think they probably are making fun of american beer.. pisswasser, budweiser.. name is similar.. whats the similarity between boats and american beer? It's fucking close to water. =P.. i know that joke sucked but it's pretty accurate. and they houser bros probably think the same.. they are english after all=P...
IcyElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #72
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
true
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #73
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
You guys should know that it's obvious that Johnson's is to Nathan's (hot dogs)
Old 03-20-2008   #74
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Nathan's? Are you entirely sure?

Anyway, back with updates.
I have examined the new screens, as well as new old ones, and found additional companies.

Spenders, K107, Pizza Time and Prolaps are among these.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #75
davogti
DUBbed like an old Jackie Chan movie
Newbie Member

davogti is an unknown quantity at this point
how about the car companies? So far we have
DeClasse- (Chevrolet)
Varid (Ford)
Schyster (Chrysler)
Dundreary (Lincoln)
Albany (Cadillac)
Karin (Toyota)
Patriot (Hummer)
MTL, Brute ( big truck manufacturures)
Miabatsu- Mitsubishi
Vulcar- (either VW or Volvo)
Blista (Honda, not quite sure if the compact is the only model yet)
Feltzer
That's all I can think of for now...

Dav0