Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008   #46
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
I think so, ska.
I was wondering if we'd actually put car companies in here aswell, but hey.. what the heck..
Let's just do it.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #47
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
There is so much that will be in this game I think we've only found about 45% of what will actually be in the game. What do you think?
Old 03-16-2008   #48
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Oh, I don't even plan on finding 20% right now.
In the early days I'd battle Zidane to find clues about San Andreas, but we couldn't have even imagined the final product.

I mean, we haven't even had 'The Well-Stacked Pizza Co.' yet. Or 'Bitch 'N Dog Foods'. There's so much info in the three 2-minute trailers, it's just crazy.

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 03-16-2008 at 08:11 PM..
Old 03-16-2008   #49
zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTheDesigner View Post
Oh, I don't even plan on finding 20% right now.
In the early days I'd battle Zidane to find clues about San Andreas, but we couldn't have even imagined the final product.

I mean, we haven't even had 'The Well-Stacked Pizza Co.' yet. Or 'Bitch 'N Dog Foods'. There's so much info in the three 2-minute trailers, it's just crazy.
Your absolutely right, I don't know why that number came to my head. They are just previews, so I think your more right than we all know. Don't forget the Excelsior and the Seagull, in the Diletantte Commercial, thought they were interesting.

And are we now looking for vehicle names, or vehicle brands?
Old 03-16-2008   #50
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

Yep. I'm trying to get a good shot at the excelsior..
I can't even see it's a blade, haha.

I'm not even sure what the seagull is, trying to find that out.
Some sort of restaurant or something.

Old 03-16-2008   #51
zeppelin

Chi, where is the zoom function in Windows Media?
Old 03-16-2008   #52
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've read about the name beeing Gruppe Sechs(Like in group sex) Excellent thread idea though. Best one for a good while.
It actually says on the side of the truck Gruppe Six, as in Group Sex.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #53
zeppelin

Bank of Liberty
Category: Financial / Bank
Real life counterpart: Bank of New York

The Bank of Liberty. Where all our dollars lie to rest for some terrorist or criminal junkie to grab. They'll be reappearing in GTAIV, just as expected.

There is Actually a better picture of the Bank of Liberty in the second trailer at about 31 seconds, it is covered some by trees but it is very clear and big.
Old 03-16-2008   #54
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
It actually says on the side of the truck Gruppe Six, as in Group Sex.

GTA3.

1. gruppe sechs

The security van appears in the infamous Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City video games. Apparently a take on the well-known financial entity called "Goldman Sachs", while it is also phonetically similar to "Group Sex", a sex-oriented pun indeed. Very Rockstar style.

All the blue security vans in Liberty City belongs to the Gruppe Sechs company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
Chi, where is the zoom function in Windows Media?
I use Windows Media Player Classic.
Don't let the name fool you - it's a classic version of WMP on steroids. It was made open source and has extended features, like screencapping, zooming and playing DVD's / DivX. And it's just one .exe

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...er_classic.cfm

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 03-16-2008 at 08:51 PM..
Old 03-16-2008   #55
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Great work on this thread, an interesting summary.

San Andreas was set in 1992, not 1993 but for RS Haul & Redwood cigarettes you've written "since 1993". Also the Redwood brand was actually mentioned in VCS (1984).
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #56
zeppelin

Hey Chi don't forget the stock market called BAWSAQ, I was reading Weazel News and saw it, of course it's a play on the NASDAQ.
Old 03-16-2008   #57
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
also sounds like ball sac
also i hope you dont mind if i jack some of your observations for our content pages!
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #58
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

Oh, please do, Rappo.
That's what it's for, anyway.

I'm thinking, there should be this system with all the companies in GTA, ever.
Okay, well maybe not all.. Might take a while, but still.

*Snap* I've got it!

Liberty City Yellow Pages

Old 03-16-2008   #59
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
here's the page that I'm working on: http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/inc/information/parodies
It's not really a collection of all the companies in GTA IV but more like the parodies/references/puns that they use throughout the game. a companies page might be in order later. let me know if you have any additions
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #60
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
here's the page that I'm working on: http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/inc/information/parodies
It's not really a collection of all the companies in GTA IV but more like the parodies/references/puns that they use throughout the game. a companies page might be in order later. let me know if you have any additions
Will do.
I'll be using a new section under the current list for new additions to the list.