Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008   #16
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Okay, I must've looked past it.
Are you sure it's a telephone company?
I agree on thinking it is, but just to be sure..

I'll add it though.
ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #17
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTheDesigner View Post
Okay, I must've looked past it.
Are you sure it's a telephone company?
I agree on thinking it is, but just to be sure..

I'll add it though.
I am sure it is a mobile network, in fact some previews had mentioned that the mobile's (owned by Niko) network ID turned to Badger instead of Whiz at some place.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #18
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Okay, then Badger Communications it is.

These are the last few I'm going to upload right now, gonna hit the sack for a few hours.
Will continue posting when I return.
Old 03-16-2008   #19
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
A lot of these are from previous GTA's. Even though they're aiming for a totally new experience, I'm glad these have been kept. Nice work Chi. +Rep
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #20
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I swear, I really think of Sprunk as Sprite. Similar logo, name starts with "s," etc.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #21
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Weazel News is totally a play on Fox News. For one, a weasel is an animal, just like a fox (a sneaky and disgusting animal at that, probably Rockstar's commentary on Fox News ). Also it says they "report the right news"...if you think of it from a political sense, that would mean they are reporting the conservative news, which Fox News is usually accused of doing.

Also I think Whiz is more of a copy of Sprint/Nextel rather than Verizon, mainly due to their color scheme.

I've been collecting photographs of puns that Rockstar has placed around the game in order to make a new content page for GTAGaming. So, that might go up pretty soon
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #22
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I always thought Sprunk was Sprite because of the colors and "Spr" but I guess it could be 7Up in a way.
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #23
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Sprite and 7up are similar in their own ways aswell.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #24
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
well theyre both lemon&lime flavoured fizzy drinks lol.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #25
DanWer

Great thread. One of the only GTAIV threads I've read and actually felt it was worth reading.
Old 03-16-2008   #26
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
Hey I posted this once earlier, but I think that Ron Oil company's real life counter part is the Oil company Enron, which went bankrupt about ten years ago.
zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #27
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

Thanks for the comments! I'll edit my post right now, I made some stupid errors due to the fact it kinda got late for me, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I always thought Sprunk was Sprite because of the colors and "Spr" but I guess it could be 7Up in a way.
I agree on Sprunk being Sprite. Same colors, same 'Sp' in the name, same audience. I'll change that, I can't even believe I put 7-Up there, hah. Must be that Fido Dido virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreW View Post
Great thread. One of the only GTAIV threads I've read and actually felt it was worth reading.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
Hey I posted this once earlier, but I think that Ron Oil company's real life counter part is the Oil company Enron, which went bankrupt about ten years ago.
I agree, zeppelin! I'll change that right now..

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 03-16-2008 at 02:31 PM..
Old 03-16-2008   #28
IcyElement
Newbie Member

IcyElement is an unknown quantity at this point
The eris company sound more like the skate brand etnies than nike...

edit: and I think redwood is a little bit like malboro maybe.. I smoke Prince so i'm not too sure =P
IcyElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #29
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
You have missed these two brands.
- Jr. Jay's (Dr. Ray's)
- JIM snickers (I am not sure about the real-life brand)

http://www.isarapix.com/pix63/1205704545.jpg
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #30
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Here's another two I found.

Gruppe
Category: Security
Real life Counterpart: Possibly Chubb Security

RS Haul:
Category: Logistics
Real life Counterpart: Unknown
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote