Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008   #1
raidenraider200

raidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enough
GTA IV - First Multiplayer Details Coming Soon

It looks like we're only days away from learning the very first details on the multiplayer component of GTA IV. German magazine Games Aktuel is said to have a preview on two of the game's multiplayer modes. In early February, the names of some of them were revealed. They included: "Deal Breaker," "Bomb da Base," "Hangman's Noose," and "Team Deathmatch".

The issue goes on sale March 19, 2008 . Stay tuned for this issue, and all the other magazines going on sale in the next few weeks that'll provide info on multiplayer as well.

Thanks goes to Jordan Liles over at PlanetGTA for this information
raidenraider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #2
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
Coincedentally the same we get loads of the sims 3 info

Great find, cant wait!
Old 03-13-2008   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
It would reach the subscribers on March 15, we can hope for the scans coming this Saturday.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #4
raidenraider200

raidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enough
awesomness, i cnt wait
raidenraider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #5
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Sweet, I can't wait.

Wasn't a "cop and robbers" mode also confirmed?
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #6
Spike_
Greyand Feft Oartoe
Newbie Member

Spike_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone else hoping for some sort of Team Multiplayer mode, like 10v10 or along those lines?

Then we could organise some GTA Gaming organised Multiplayer madness
Spike_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #7
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Hopefully there is just a kind of free roam mode, kinda like crackdown with more than just two people, 16 people free roam mode would be good. I seen someone quote a guy that worked for a magazine that heard one of the housers say that they like sitting in the car with like 4 other players online and just cruise around liberty city just listening to the radio. That may be a little clue to free roam online play.

There will be a team death match mode for sure but it may be called something different, R* might add that little nickname to it, they may call it squad battle or something along those lines.

I do hope that there is the whole city to go around, and not just little arena to fight in, because that would suck, but I would get used to it and anyway its the first online multi-player in a GTA so I am not expecting brilliant online play but I am expecting decent online play, which I am sure we will get.
Old 03-13-2008   #8
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_ View Post
Anyone else hoping for some sort of Team Multiplayer mode, like 10v10 or along those lines?

Then we could organise some GTA Gaming organised Multiplayer madness
My thoughts exactly! I know that I'll be playing gta4 non stop, so I'm hoping to avoid multiplayer matches with team killing- ritalin needing- children that will surely frustrate me to no end. I'm hoping to join a clan or just group of friends that is willing to strategize, win, and have fun.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #9
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
The simple thought of driving about free-roaming, with people doing small mini-missions around you while you walk / drive around them is simply....mind blowing.
Old 03-13-2008   #10
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenraider200 View Post
In early February, the names of some of them were revealed. They included: "Deal Breaker," "Bomb da Base," "Hangman's Noose," and "Team Deathmatch".

The issue goes on sale March 19, 2008 . Stay tuned for this issue, and all the other magazines going on sale in the next few weeks that'll provide info on multiplayer as well.

for this information

I cant wait to hear about some of these game modes and how they're pulling them off especially this free roam sorta meeting jibber jabber Sam Houser was speaking of.
Old 03-13-2008   #11
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I think cops & Robbers, Team Deathmatch, "Liberty City Survivor" and 2 player free roam would be enough for me.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #12
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
Hopefully there is just a kind of free roam mode, kinda like crackdown with more than just two people, 16 people free roam mode would be good. I seen someone quote a guy that worked for a magazine that heard one of the housers say that they like sitting in the car with like 4 other players online and just cruise around liberty city just listening to the radio. That may be a little clue to free roam online play.

There will be a team death match mode for sure but it may be called something different, R* might add that little nickname to it, they may call it squad battle or something along those lines.

I do hope that there is the whole city to go around, and not just little arena to fight in, because that would suck, but I would get used to it and anyway its the first online multi-player in a GTA so I am not expecting brilliant online play but I am expecting decent online play, which I am sure we will get.
Honestly, I would love to be able to cruise.. We could explore and try to find stuff going around, and just chat (But do you think there will be full traffic? crackdown had full traffic in co-op, but the MTA mod doesnt have it.. either way it will be awesome)