Old 03-13-2008   #1
Spike_
Greyand Feft Oartoe
Newbie Member

Spike_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Time Zones and IV's release

So... Is IV due to be released at Midnight on the 29th of April Worldwide?

The reason I ask is, I'm in New Zealand, so if its Midnight on the 29th here in NZ, then its 7am on the 28th (PST) in America.

While thats great for all us Kiwi's and Aussie's, its not so great for the Americans, surely America would get it before us?
Or are my Assumtions right, and we'll get the game first and you'll have to drool over all the tasty info that us Southern Hemisphere riff-raff leak to you lot

And if we are the first to get the game, its going make the day almost unbearable for you Americans, hoping someone gets off the game for long enough to post something up about it

i.e. I went to a Countdown Maker site, Input 29th April 08 with both NZ and PST timezones and the time was.

NZ: 45 days, 10 hours
PST: 46 days, 2 hours

Last edited by Spike_; 03-13-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Spike_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Worldwide release on April 29th 2008. What else can that mean?

I don't think anyone should care about a time difference of less than 24 hours. Most places had to wait at least 3 days after the US for other GTA titles and it's not a big deal.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
This has puzzled me actually. Quite confusing..
Old 03-13-2008   #4
Spike_
Greyand Feft Oartoe
Newbie Member

Spike_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Worldwide release on April 29th 2008. What else can that mean?

I don't think anyone should care about a time difference of less than 24 hours. Most places had to wait at least 3 days after the US for other GTA titles and it's not a big deal.
Aw man, Where your National Pride! We Kiwi's have to cling onto every little bonus that living in NZ gives us... Mainly just the timezone thing, oh, and the lack of terrorist threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
This has puzzled me actually. Quite confusing..
By my post, or by the Timezones?
Spike_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #5
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sick to death of us getting games late. Rock Band still isn't out in these parts, it came out months ago in America.

I think it's right that we get this game a couple of hours early.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #6
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
im going to take a picture of my special package so all u Americans can drool over it ahahahha
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #7
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Honestly, does it matter who gets it first? We're all going to be playing it around the same time anyway.
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #8
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Ah here in Belgium when preordered at the right shop you get it 28 April
Sublimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #9
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
My local gameshop might get it a day early and I'm quite good pals so will this be ok as long as I don't go on live?
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #10
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
People at Oceania (Aus/NZ) are supposed to get it before other regions, though you should get the confirmation on date from your local shop.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #11
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Well I remember I got GTA SA 2 days before official release. (Only those who preordered)
So let's hope it happens with IV as well. Although that would mean sunday
But the retailer I preordered from is open on sundays though
Sublimo is offline   Reply With Quote