Old 03-04-2008   #1
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cockpit view???

First off, a big hello to everyone!
I've been on this forums since...well, a long time and basically,I got all the info I needed, and there was always someone faster to ask the question I was wondering, so I never bothered to register really...
Anyway, I'm sort of a "sim/carhead", but I also enjoy good arcade(racer) witch is based on some fundamental physics, like Flatout series, or for that matter, GTA series where the vehicle handling is realistic, but simplified.
So,you can guess how excited I am about this whole euphoria buissnes! To cut to the chase, I red all the latest previews(mind u,there's like 20 of 'em), and was really excited about the game,even more so because of all the funny/cool things that happened to the previewers on the basis of physics/AI alone, not even mentioning the cool story and missions etc. But, one thing striked me as strange, none mentioned the cockpit view(which is confirmed) and what is it like to drive from that position??? I frankly can't imagine it wasn't worth mentioning(some really went into detail about everything), so maybe rockstar forbid them to say(like about multiplayer),but that also doesn't make much more sense...so what do you think is up with that??

One way or the other, I would really like it to be playable from that view,say like Live For Speed and NOT like Test Drive Unlimited, where it deceives your sense of car width and it's lagging like you're drunk and actually making you sick!(so I have to use the bumper view, which is a shame, because the interiors are nicely made!)
Ok, enough from me, let me hear your thoughts on that one!
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #2
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
TBH, I don't think it was confirmed that there is driving from cockpit view. I remember them saying that the camera was lower, so you could get a better view into the distance. They did however confirm cockpit driving for the rides in the taxi. Maybe i'm wrong, but that was my impression.

Welcome to the forums.
sort of. haha
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #3
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Heh, I love cruising in test drive unlimited! Anyway it would be awesome if drive-bys and the such could be performed in the cockpit (first person?) view. The cockpit view should/is/better be there, because in the screenshots I've seen, the interiors of cars look gorgeous. (And with all the physics and euphoria.. test drive unlimited never involved stunts, so I still have yet to experience going off jumps and totally wrecking a car through a cockpit view.
Old 03-04-2008   #4
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
In-car camera was confirmed nine months back. No words yet on the cockpit view in helicopters, if that's what you're looking for. But I think we'll be getting that too.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm sure it's confirmed there's cockpit view in cars, (I believe I read on IGN) but I'm guessing that things like gauges and all that won't work, and I don't think Niko actually shifts the car when he drives. But it's still a lot better than past GTAs and it looks like cars will have a detailed interior. The steering wheel also looks to move when turning the car, this can be seen in a few vids. The new suspension in cars is also a plus so this is quite a good upgrade as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-04-2008   #6
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I used in-car view in test drive unlimited all the time, mile after mile, best driving game to date, in my opinion. I think I did here it being confirmed somewhere but I can't remember where though. In car view would be cool, I would love to drive the blue stallion up a ramp and crash down back onto the road with pieces of the car falling off all around me.

I do hope there is a civilian hummer in GTA IV because in all the GTA's, its always been an hummer h1 lookalike but I now want a hummer h2 lookalike. The in-car view in the patriot will be amazing when you crash into peds, while they go right underneath the patriot your car lifts up while you go over them, kinda like a speed bump.
Old 03-04-2008   #7
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeverette View Post
Heh, I love cruising in test drive unlimited! Anyway it would be awesome if drive-bys and the such could be performed in the cockpit (first person?) view. The cockpit view should/is/better be there, because in the screenshots I've seen, the interiors of cars look gorgeous. (And with all the physics and euphoria.. test drive unlimited never involved stunts, so I still have yet to experience going off jumps and totally wrecking a car through a cockpit view.
I also load up TDU every other day and just cruise around the island...it's pretty good on HC mode with the steering wheel, nice drifting! It's a great shame atari hasn't looked at LFS to see how the camera movement and FOV are done properly... It's a slight change, but can ruin the whole experience,or make it great(like LFS)...
+imagine a full high speed head-on with you flying out through the windshield from the cockpit view!
Now, that would be awsome...and slightly disturbing probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
The in-car view in the patriot will be amazing when you crash into peds, while they go right underneath the patriot your car lifts up while you go over them, kinda like a speed bump.
You're a bit sick you know? haha
But that would be cool in a realisticaly/funny/disturbing way!

Last edited by Asif; 03-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: double post merged, please use the EDIT button to add new message to your post, instead of making consecutive posts in a row.
Old 03-04-2008   #8
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the Forums. I'm from universe #8 which is gooder than yours.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #9
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Complement/welcome message is fine, but that should be an optional part of your post. Please post something towards the context of this topic, otherwise it'd classed as a spam post.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #10
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
No,no,it is scientifically proven that the universe #7 is the bestest!
Sorry Asif,couldn't resist!
Old 03-04-2008   #11
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Complement/welcome message is fine, but that should be an optional part of your post. Please post something towards the context of this topic, otherwise it'd classed as a spam post.
Haha sorry about that

On-topic: I have no idea about the cockpit thing, sorry.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #12
Markonious
Niko's cousin

I was just looking through the screenshots and this is all there is...

cinematic,but...
p.s. Imagine someone slams in your stationary car and goes through his windshield and then through your back window and lands in your car! That would be insane,but posible!
------
Hey,I just red this in the last review(IGN UK)!(last out of 20 or so...doh)

"We also found ourselves using the in-car view with much more confidence than previous GTAs – whether it was the more realistic setting that inspired us to turn to this is debatable, but for the first time in the series it seemed a viable viewpoint. Likewise, the cinematic camera, now accessed with a single button press, added flavour to the action and was being utilised throughout our play-through."

First word about actual experience!
Sounds promising!

Last edited by Markonious; 03-04-2008 at 01:49 PM..