Old 03-12-2008   #1
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Niko's hair.

Now, it's been confirmed that there are no haircuts in the game, but I notice that Niko's hair looks slightly different in many screenshots.

While still very short in all cases, his hair appears darker in some screens than in others, while it even appears to be buzzed at times.

For example, take this screenshot:

Then this one:

Look how much lighter his hair is in the bottom one, almost like it's buzzed down.

Here's another of him with buzzed hair:

Maybe it's just subtle texture differences between the 360 and PS3 versions, maybe he gets a haircut as part of the storyline. Maybe the screenshots were taken at different points during development, as Niko's appearance changed.

What do you guys think?

I think it's the third theory, changes during game development.

Look at how Niko's appearance in screenshots have changed since trailer 1.

Old 03-12-2008   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
It did say that certain outfit changes may affect hairstyle.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #3
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure if it's a bad screenshot or whatever. Probably won't be able to change the hair if they said so, which is to me, no problem. I think his hair is cool anyway, for a serious looking mafia guy or something that I want to dress like. :-p

..but the looks of my Carl Johnson(that sounds so wrong..) in SA was badass too, an afro with a weirdo beard, eyepatch and weird unmatching clothes. Nothing beats that! Macho man!
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #4
RockForLight

RockForLight is on a distinguished roadRockForLight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWiTCH View Post
It did say that certain outfit changes may affect hairstyle.
That would make the most sense.
I noticed how the hairstyles changed up in the 3rd trailer compared to the 2nd.

We will all find out very soon how it works
Old 03-13-2008   #5
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold

In this screenshot it seems to be the lighting that makes Niko's hair appear so short.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #6
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
Well most of the screens are beta screens so yeah you'll see quite a few random changes in appearance. I mean look how much transformation the other GTA's went through during development shots.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote