Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008   #1
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Game will run at 30 FPS on both systems?

Here's a podcast from with some information on the game.
http://n4g.com/News-117678.aspx
Old 02-29-2008   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Thanks for the information. I've posted this front page
Old 02-29-2008   #3
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
i want 40-50fps! if its optimized thats what it would run at on my pc at least. i think its poor (and yes i know most other console games run at that.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #4
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
This is the era of 60fps gaming. I'm quite disappointed that GTA IV will perform like a last gen game. 30fps is withstandable, but meh, 60 really should be the new standard.
Old 02-29-2008   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
They really didn't have an exact number. I listened to the podcast and basically the guy said "we got to see both the PS3 and 360 versions and they both ran beautifully" then another guy asked "beautifully like 30 FPS or.." then they all seemed to say some stuff at the same time so you couldn't understand anything. Honestly I think just the statement "... they both ran beautifully" is enough to not care about it running any faster.
Old 02-29-2008   #6
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
I don't really care about having a solid 60fps

Mass Effect is one of the best 360 games and at times it must drop to -20, So as long as GTA IV is in the realms of MA, Which going by this it will be, Then I'm totally fine with it.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #7
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
I don't think 30FPS will inhibit a game like GTA, just as how 15FPS doesn't ruin Oblivion.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception View Post
I don't think 30FPS will inhibit a game like GTA, just as how 15FPS doesn't ruin Oblivion.
It did kind of annoy me how choppy that game can be...But you get used to it after a while. I'm just wondering how much the game could slow down in huge gunfights with explosions. I know on Saints that all is good until there's fire (and Saints has pretty good fire for a sandbox) and it gets kinda bad until the flames are out. I hope GTA's engine can handle it better.
Old 03-01-2008   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
If there's as much detail and life in LC as the previews claim (paper litter blowing around, lots of vehicle & foot traffic etc) then I can understand why. As long as the frame rate's solid then it'll be fine.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #10
Onyx
Vulpine
Newbie Member

Onyx is an unknown quantity at this point
More FPS is always great. I can't see that much of a difference between 30 and 60. But with all the action going on, car chases etc.

I do hope its more than 30, but if anything 30 should be the minimum it gets to.

-Onyx