Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008   #1
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
What if someone stole GTA IV before release?

I've always thought of this, but never really talked about it.

So, we're all sitting back here at our computers waiting for previews from R*. Yes, indeed, they've been generous lately, but what if someone was just too obsessed and went for his/her very own preview? What if someone broke in to R* and somehow stole the game before release (or at least stole some unreleased stuff)?

I've never witnessed anything like this happen before, but there's a first for everything. Plus, it only takes one crazy fan.

I wonder if R* has a crazy security system or something like that. It'd be interesting to know.

I'm just thinking out loud. If you think it's a dumb topic, just don't reply. I'm also not in any way endorsing the idea of breaking in to R*, lol.

Tell me what your thoughts are on the subject. If something like this happened, how do you think R* would react?

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #2
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
I've thought of this before. Like if somone at Brady Games got bribed for inside information.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's happened before, I think VCS was leaked a week before it went on sale, a french copy of the game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #4
Gotadime

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
That's awesome. I never heard about that. I wonder how someone got their hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoteenBellic
I've thought of this before. Like if somone at Brady Games got bribed for inside information.
Yeah, that too. A while ago some guy that use to work at R* released a blog article about the office conditions there. What if he chose to give away a ton of crap about IV?

Old 02-27-2008   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
It's happened before, I think VCS was leaked a week before it went on sale, a french copy of the game.

Naw that was because the french shops released it too early.

As for the leak, hasn't it happened with San Andreas?

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #6
Murder64
Newbie Member

Murder64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wasn't Half Life 2 leaked by hackers and I want to say Halo 2 was also but I'm not positive.
Murder64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #7
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, SA was leaked. I think this site actually had a news report about it way back when.

Maybe I'm wrong about the news.

But I do know SA was leaked about 3 days ahead of release.
Old 02-27-2008   #8
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
my cousin works at rockstar and I could get a little clip of real gameplay if I wanted but I want be really surprised when I first play the game. My cousin will give me a 100% finished version of GTA IV about a couple of days before the americans even get it and I never video any gameplay or post anything about it until the american release date has passed. You may think that I am an idiot and that I don't deserve having it early but my cousin worked hard on the game and I don't want to end it by putting a real gameplay video on youtube, even though I would become a kind of internet celebrity. It just not worth it and if it did go all haywire then my cousin would lose her job and I might get sued and who knows what happens, I always wonder how much a copy of GTA IV would go for about a 3 days before the americans even got it. I would never sell it though, it would be good to know though.
Old 02-27-2008   #9
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
It happened with San Andreas and it inadvertently gave GTAGaming the biggest news story it's ever had (even though it was pulled a few minutes later).
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #10
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine there'd be a hectic fine and stuff if you did get it early. I know that EB games gets a $55000 fine + $5000 fine to the staff person for selling a game that they have in stock waiting for the official release date..
Legham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #11
Telk

Telk is an unknown quantity at this point
people were playing halo 3 a week or more before it came out
Telk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #12
Gotadime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
I imagine there'd be a hectic fine and stuff if you did get it early. I know that EB games gets a $55000 fine + $5000 fine to the staff person for selling a game that they have in stock waiting for the official release date..
Holy shit. That's a crazy fine. Who enforces that?

Old 02-27-2008   #13
JHomer51
Newbie Member

JHomer51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything gets leaked lately so don't get surprised when the Xbox 360 version gets leaked too.
(The PS3 is not hacked yet so that can't be leaked)
JHomer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well I could never imagine anyone being able to successfully break into the R* offices and stealing a copy. The way they get leaked is the people working the manufacturing facilities (they snag one of the conveyor belt), or the delivery men.
Old 02-27-2008   #15
Gotadime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Well I could never imagine anyone being able to successfully break into the R* offices and stealing a copy. The way they get leaked is the people working the manufacturing facilities (they snag one of the conveyor belt), or the delivery men.
Yeah, that makes sense. It's funny what people will do for a video game. :p