Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Official 4th preview bonanza thread

They should be up any minute now.

Quicklinks to the previews:

Kikizo | IGN | TeamXbox | 1Up | CVG | GameSpot | GamesRadar | GamesRadar (2nd Part) | TVG | GameSpy | VideoGamer | GameTap | Virgin Media UK | Yahoo! | SPOnG | GamePro

New 10 Screenshots:

Be sure to check the News post for the summary.

Last edited by Asif; 02-29-2008 at 12:06 PM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
They should be up in like twenty minutes. I'll be posting some news on the front page about it, and I'll give a link to this thread for discussion.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Kikizo is up!

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200802/091_p1.asp

If you don't mind Himuro, I might need your post to update with links and pics.

Last edited by Asif; 02-28-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #4
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Oh dear God.
It sounds so awesome.
now excuse me, I have to find my jaw.
Its somewhere on the floor.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #5
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Some things I observed (along with some theories I made) from the Kikizo preview:

*There's a button solely used for calling cabs. Which means you'll probably need to do so alot of the time, most likely because stealing a car won't be as convenient due to the revamped wanted system. This will also mean you'll be spending your cash more, thus why it'll be harder to get rich in IV than in past GTA games (sticking to the "rags to less-shitty rags" theme).

*When targeting an enemy/victim, the health-indicating markers will be either green or red, corresponding to the person's hostility. Kinda reminds me of the payout meter that filled up when you exploited shopkeepers in the godfather game.

*There's only two main buttons for fighting, but the manner and order in which you press them, along with your distance and position relative to your opponent (not to mention environmental objects between the two of you), yields for many different attacks. Kind of like the fighting system in Bully/The Warriors.

*The sensitivity of the analog stick is gonna change if you're in an area where you can easily fall. In other words, the game takes notice of the situation you're in, and tries to help out. But the article also says, that this won't limit you from doing what you want to do, if you want to jump off that high ledge, go ahead.

*When your car flips onto it's left side, Niko will climb out of the "top" side by the passenger seat. This (maybe) means no more re-appearing outside of the car and/or having to watch the same unrealistic "crawl-out-from-under the vehicle" animation.

* Rockstar have confirmed that cars are not customisable and you can't store stuff inside them, either. Double ouch.

* Apparently, the dialogue between Niko and Jacob is hilarious, seeing as English is not their native language, but it's the only way they can communicate with eachother, and they both have thick accents.

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 02-28-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #6
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Probably this is the bulletproof vest they've been talking about.

Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #7
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Niko is a master at Krav Maga, a fighting style used by Israeli Special Forces.
This made me happy, because I know Krav Maga and that shit will save your life.
Its gun/knife disarming and basic attack/defend.
If I ever get around to it I'll post some videos for gun/knife disarming.
I'm eager to see how this plays out in the game.
Basically what that means, if they acutally utilize Krav Maga, is plenty of headbutts, knees to nuts, elbows to throats and so on.
And obviously disarming/taking enemies weapons from them.

Last edited by Havok; 02-28-2008 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-28-2008   #8
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Probably this is the bulletproof vest they've been talking about.

dammit, i knew someone would beat me to it But I posted some things I noticed from a couple of these images here: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...&postcount=566

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #9
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
So he knows some Israeli Military martial art? I remember someone mentioning that they thought he might be middle eastern cause he looks it a bit, and kind of sounds like it, but now he fights like them?
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #10
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
No car customization? That's a bummer. It was probably one of my favorite features. Thanks to car customization you could always have a car different from everyone else. I actualy hoped other NPCs would have random cumstomizations like rims and cool paint jobs. I'm really gonna miss this feature.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #11
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by baleent View Post
So he knows some Israeli Military martial art? I remember someone mentioning that they thought he might be middle eastern cause he looks it a bit, and kind of sounds like it, but now he fights like them?
I think it's been confirmed that Niko's Eastern European. He might have learnt it in the army there I suppose.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #12
Havok
Oh please, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleent View Post
Krav Maga is taught to the whole world because its such a simple form of self defense, its not a martial art its just pure self defense. And it was invented by Imi Lichtenfield in the Czech Republic and Hungary in the 1930s, they just got their facts wrong and made it sound like it was soley the IDFs self defense course.
Every army in the world uses it or some form of it.
Old 02-28-2008   #13
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
This made me happy, because I know Krav Maga and that shit will save your life.
Its gun/knife disarming and basic attack/defend.
If I ever get around to it I'll post some videos for gun/knife disarming.
I'm eager to see how this plays out in the game.
Basically what that means, if they acutally utilize Krav Maga, is plenty of headbutts, knees to nuts, elbows to throats and so on.
And obviously disarming/taking enemies weapons from them.
I wonder(if you were able to get close enough), if you can disarm enemies.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #14
RockForLight

RockForLight is on a distinguished roadRockForLight is on a distinguished road
I found it interesting (in the IGN preview )the guy playing said he saw Little Jacob get "iced" but yet he was still able to go about the mission until Niko was killed.

so maybe when your partners get killed this time the mission isnt automatically "Failed"

nm: I read it wrong

Last edited by RockForLight; 02-28-2008 at 01:30 PM..
RockForLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #15
raidenraider200

raidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enough
GamePro and Yahoo havent got previews up for GTA IV yet

Here are more Previews though

IGN UK - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/855/855605p1.html
GameTap - http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/4309
TVG - http://www.totalvideogames.com/artic...ally_12876.htm
Virgin Media UK - http://www.virginmedia.com/games/inp...IV-preview.php

GamesRadar Hands-on Prevew 2 Releases Tomorrow

Last edited by raidenraider200; 02-28-2008 at 02:09 PM..
raidenraider200 is offline   Reply With Quote