Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you have an RESC10 Bug? And Do you Find it annoying?
Yes. I Want To Keep My Graphic and Display Settings The Way I Want Them To! 1 100.00%
No. I don't mind running at highest Graphics that Lag my computer. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013   #1
AntonioSS22
@GrandTheft
Newbie Member

AntonioSS22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation RESC10 Fatal Error BUG

Every single time I try to open EFLC, I get a Fatal Error: RESC10 as soon as the copyright page shows up. This has happened at random after playing the game about 3-4 times without that error.

So every time I get the fatal error, I must do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC9wAhLgI54

I also have a commandline.txt with -norestrictions and -availablevidmem 10.0. The game still won't open without the -norestrictions.

So when I get to the main screen, I'm there running the highest graphic settings! My computer can support this even though it receives MAJOR FPS Fail. So I have to optimize my settings to what I usually run it to.

The point is: If it does support the high resolution settings for over 2 minutes (Which my computer does) I shouldn't be getting this bug. So I play for 20 Minutes on my desired settings before I quit the game. When I restart it immediately, I get the same stupid RESC10 Error. This is painstakingly annoying and I have to constantly do the method in the video above. I even made a shortcut to desktop for the settings folder! LOL

Long Story Short: Help?!?

(Sorry IF I posted in wrong thread. This is my first forum post in gtagaming! [WOOHOO!] My TLAD Is fine.)

PC Specs:
HP Touchsmart 520
Intel Pentium CPU G620 @ 2.60 GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel(R) HD Graphics
AntonioSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
So how does it perform when you put all the settings on low and minimize the view distance etc?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #3
Cosmic Joker

Cosmic Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that you integrated chip IS the problem. The integrated Intel chip that you are using actually is using your system memory for the game. This is also leaving your system less RAM for itself. The Intel chip would be the equivelant of a 512 dedicated GC. The reason it performs well for awhile is because it is using you PC's RAM, after playing for a bit you are literally running out of RAM and play starts to degrade then crash.

Get a dedicated GC and you'll see a difference. At least a 1 Gb card.

You shouldn't need the command line after that

Last edited by Cosmic Joker; 08-24-2013 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Cosmic Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #4
Fireblaze
Banned

Fireblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Update your graphic card with the latest drivers and make sure you have empty space in your drive.
Start the game in compatibility mode of Win 7 and in ADMINISTRATOR .
Fireblaze is offline   Reply With Quote