Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2005   #1
master chief
Amateur Member

master chief is an unknown quantity at this point
1981 DeLorean VCM mod suggestion

I love this idea

and props to Yuriy Antipin, Philippe Marboure, and silver007. However, when I think of their question "What more could you want?" I tend to think of the delorian's key features - flight & time travel. So, I suggest they modify this fantastic mod one more time by adding flight to the car, making the wheels turn horizontally , the same as when the cars use the drive on water cheat in the game. Now, regarding time travel, I would suggest to them that the recreate the sequence from the movie to the best of their ability of the car disapearing, that will in turn bring up the map and you can click anywhere on the map to warp to that area, the car re-appearing, that of the movie, to the best of their ability, even if the car warps in flight. Hopefully they can accomplish this

Status on MSN:

Last edited by master chief; 08-15-2005 at 06:01 PM..
master chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
hehehe, as great as that would be. I hate to burst your bubble but, that's impossible with Vice City's game engine :p Well, it could probably be possible, but someone would need to hack the .exe file and pretty much completely overhaul it. Which wouldn't be worth the effort because you aren't allowed to put the .exe file up for download anywhere.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
How dare you Mr. Punk!

http://www.gtagaming.com/pafiledb.ph...on=file&id=268

Knock yourself out, sucka :p

And if that download isn't work, here's some VIP access just for you: ftp://ftp.gtagaming.com/vicecity/fil...ian%20Pack.rar
Old 08-16-2005   #4

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
I was more saying that just having 1 car, with custom animations where the wheels fold up, and then have it zooming off into a bright flash and choosing somewhere to appear on the map - would be impossible :p

That mod you posted rappoop is actually 2 seperate cars, one that replaces the deluxo and one that replaces the maverick

Old 08-16-2005   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Well yeah, but it's still practically what he was asking for. Wanting a car that will just fold up and fly off is kind of silly.
Old 08-16-2005   #6
master chief
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally posted by .:Mouldy Punk:.
I was more saying that just having 1 car, with custom animations where the wheels fold up, and then have it zooming off into a bright flash and choosing somewhere to appear on the map - would be impossible :p

That mod you posted rappoop is actually 2 seperate cars, one that replaces the deluxo and one that replaces the maverick
well is there anything close that can be accomplished by those three people? I've seen some pretty fantastic mod, I mean very fantasti mods on the site, they couldn't make this sort of mod? if putting a .EXE file on site is problem, I've seen that 'ultimate conversion' for vice city, and I believe it's a .EXE file, if I'm not mistaken...so why is it a problem then?

Quote:
Originally posted by rappo
Well yeah, but it's still practically what he was asking for. Wanting a car that will just fold up and fly off is kind of silly.
well, like I said, that's sort of what the delorian did. why would that be silly?

Status on MSN:

Last edited by master chief; 08-16-2005 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-17-2005   #7

Quote:
well is there anything close that can be accomplished by those three people? I've seen some pretty fantastic mod, I mean very fantasti mods on the site, they couldn't make this sort of mod? if putting a .EXE file on site is problem, I've seen that 'ultimate conversion' for vice city, and I believe it's a .EXE file, if I'm not mistaken...so why is it a problem then?
*shrugs* Maybe it doesn't contain any code from the official .exe file - it might just patch the users .exe.

You could probably have something similar to brokenboost in brokenmod to make cars go zooming off into the air, but the map idea would be pretty hard/impossible to do.

Old 08-17-2005   #8
master chief
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally posted by .:Mouldy Punk:.
*shrugs* Maybe it doesn't contain any code from the official .exe file - it might just patch the users .exe.

You could probably have something similar to brokenboost in brokenmod to make cars go zooming off into the air, but the map idea would be pretty hard/impossible to do.
ah ok, well if the car can successfully change from full driving mechanics to full flying mechanics, then I'd be happy.

I took a look at the site under mods for VICE, I did not find it. do you have a link to that mod?

Status on MSN:

Last edited by master chief; 08-17-2005 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-17-2005   #9

There are both VCM and manual versions.

Old 08-17-2005   #10
master chief
Amateur Member

very nice. thanks. I see these two shots on the right and it says the second shot is "used with another mod" can you fill me in on that?

Status on MSN:

Last edited by master chief; 08-17-2005 at 11:44 AM..