Old 11-02-2010   #1
killergucci599
Newbie Member

killergucci599 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP:HOW TO MOD GTA IV

I NEED HELP ON HOW TO MOD I ONLY DOWNLOAD THEM THAT'S ALL I KNOW HOW TO DO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
killergucci599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #2
UnknownEpidemic
Worldwide Pandemic

UnknownEpidemic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello killergucci,

It depends on what kind of mod it is. Most overhaul mods, script mods, and trainers consist of files and/or folders that can be placed right in your Rockstar Games/GTAIV directory.

Simpler mods like Vehicles and Weapons come in .wtd and .wtf. These are special files that need to be imported into GTA's .img files. These files can be found in Rockstar Games/GTA IV/pc/models/cdimages/. Weapon mods go in weapons.img, vehicles go in vehicles.img and so forth. Use programs like "Spark IV" or IMGTool to open the .img files. I prefer "Spark IV", I find it easier to use.

Download Spark IV at http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/tools/1824
IMGTOOL http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0

Hope this helps!

Sir Unknown III, at your cervix.
UnknownEpidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #3
lucilleblanche
Newbie Member

lucilleblanche is on a distinguished roadlucilleblanche is on a distinguished roadlucilleblanche is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownEpidemic View Post
Hello killergucci,

It depends on what kind of mod it is. Most overhaul mods, script mods, and trainers consist of files and/or folders that can be placed right in your Rockstar Games/GTAIV directory.

Simpler mods like Vehicles and Weapons come in .wtd and .wtf. These are special files that need to be imported into GTA's .img files. These files can be found in Rockstar Games/GTA IV/pc/models/cdimages/. Weapon mods go in weapons.img, vehicles go in vehicles.img and so forth. Use programs like "Spark IV" or IMGTool to open the .img files. I prefer "Spark IV", I find it easier to use.

Download Spark IV at http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/tools/1824
IMGTOOL http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0

Hope this helps!
i used sparkiv to import in new .wtd and .wtf files into the vehicles.img file.
i then rebuilt then saved however the cars don't show up in the game.

i tried running spark with admin privillages i also removed 'read only' from the GTA files

i also used the mod on vehicle on my phones cheat list so i can easily find it but the normal car appears

plz help!!!!
lucilleblanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #4
diitalt
Newbie Member

diitalt is an unknown quantity at this point
i want to mod gta iv for ps3 but im only 14 so i have no clue how to jailbreak my ps3 i asked my dad and he said no until the warranty runs out but i only got my ps3 last christmas and he doesn't know when the warranty runs out i have already clocked the game so im bored just roaming around all the time and going online on it isnt really fun all i want to do is have a little bit of fun on it also dont say it's people like me who ruin the game because i dont care i just want to know how if there is a way to do it i have been on youtube and there isnt a video on it of how to do it so please let me know
diitalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #5
phoenixpolice
Newbie Member

phoenixpolice is an unknown quantity at this point
same here... please help. I am hoping there is a way to mod ps3 gta4 for pd/fire/ems roleplay, and something like a trainer and sparkiv for vehicle skins and models, sirens, and other stuff... I used to have gta4 for computer with lcpdfr and stuff but it wont work anymore please help
phoenixpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Mods are for pc only
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote