Old 05-29-2014   #1
MrSupercar55
Newbie Member

MrSupercar55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Simple Native Trainer excuses

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto IV on PC for months now. It's a great game and all, but lately error messages have been appearing saying "SecuROM Launcher has stopped working" when I tried to start the game. I tried everything. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It worked fine without the Simple Native Trainer. It was when I installed the Simple Native Trainer that it started crashing on start up again. What's interesting is that I downloaded a bypass for the SecuROM Launcher and it worked fine without the Simple Native Trainer, but when I installed the Simple Native Trainer an error message appeared when I started the game saying "Grand Theft Auto IV has stopped working".

I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm out of options.

I am using an Acer Aspire 5349 laptop for the task. Here's the specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) B815 @ 1.60GHz 1.60 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.85 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Video memory: 1760 MB

I also shut down every process not needed for gaming, thanks to Razer Game Booster. I also use the following commandline.txt parameters:

-novsync

-novblank

-viewdistance 0

-renderquality 0

-detailquality

-frameLimit 0

-texturequality 0

-availablevidmem 4.0

-refreshrate 60

-frameLimit 1

-nominimize

-forcer2vb

-DX11 / high

-framelockinwindow

-managed

-memrestrict 188743680

-noswapdelay

-disableimposters

-no_3GB

-percentvidmem 1.0

Am I going to have to build a gaming PC or do I need to modify the commandline.txt file or anything?
MrSupercar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
are you using a pirated version of gta 4?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #3
MrSupercar55
Newbie Member

I am using a pirated version of GTA IV, but I have found out that those who pay for the game are affected by this SecuROM Nazi horse shite too.
Old 05-30-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Never had any issues with it, same with everyone I know that plays gta 4 (legally)

So just save yourself alot of trouble and buy the game
Old 05-30-2014   #5
MrSupercar55
Newbie Member

OK, but, as I say, no matter how you purchase the game, be it in store or on Steam, you do get that issue. I have seen it in all manner of forums.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gta+4+securom+l...opped+working#
Old 05-30-2014   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

That's nice and all but all that shows is that there are more people like you who've pirated the game and then complain about issues they're having with it. Even if this a problem occuring with bought games, that doesn't change the fact that you pirated it.

Odds are you won't face these problems when you buy it, alot of secure-rom issues are related to pirated copies

Last edited by Killerfist; 05-30-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Old 05-30-2014   #7
MrSupercar55
Newbie Member

I sincerely hope not. Also, if Rockstar ever fucking make GTA V available on PC they'd better not fuck that up with a SecuROM Launcher TOO, like they did with GTA IV and EFLC.