Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014   #1
dalewakelin
Newbie Member

dalewakelin is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Converting Models from .obj to .wft

So, i have every car model from GTA V converted to .obj, i want to convert it to .wft so i can use it in my game and make a pack. How much work is this and what do i need to do it? Thanks.
dalewakelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
converting cars isn't simply a process of making .wft files out of .obj files.. they need alot of work before they'll work properly in gta.

I'd also avoid converting gta 5 models because of copyright issues
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #3
dalewakelin
Newbie Member

I mostly want the cars that are already in GTA IV but the higher quality in GTA V. I would be prepared to spend a lot of time doing it. What sort of copyright issues would arise? From Rockstar or other modders?
Old 05-20-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
from rockstar yeah, not sure how much they'd object but you always risk the chance of your mod getting taken down

As for making them.. I'm not a car modder myself, I just know it's pretty complicated. Might be worth a shot to just PM a car modder, they don't really visit this forum alot
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014   #5
dalewakelin
Newbie Member

Thanks for the info ill try and contact a car modder. If the mod does get taken down at least i will still have it and im sure others who downloaded would just re-up somewhere.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
carface80
Scratch Modder
Newbie Member

carface80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just download ripped gta 5 from websites (i guess google them) most of them are probably in 3ds max format

Theres a program calle polytrans check it out http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm
carface80 is offline   Reply With Quote