Old 04-18-2014   #1
BillyJack
Old Gamer Modding Noob
Newbie Member

BillyJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Simple Trainer Not So Simple

I tried logging in @ http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simp...rsion-65-f2115 but was directed to THIS site; they said I forgot my password (I did not; it is recorded in a static spreadsheet), and was forced to reset my password (the one I did not forget), and tried logging in there again...meeting the SAME RESULT. For SOME reason, I cannot login at that URL, but I can here [without the vicious circle BS], so if this post is in the wrong place, please help me (the login trouble is not what this post is for).

Simple Trainer Trouble (I only use this in Single Player, and do not post my stats): It was working fine for a while, but now when I try enabling a cheat involving RCTRL key combinations, I get a "No Valid Target" error message before I can enter the other keystrokes. This means no Special God Mode or Car God Mode, changing character models, ETC. Infinite Ammo, Clear Wanted Level, +$100,000, Explode Closest car, and Teleport works fine. I thought maybe the trainer-specific files might have been corrupted somehow and so replaced them, but that's had no effect.

Any tips?

Note To Metiche Busybodies: Opinions regarding "ethics and morality" of cheating are not welcome. I've been playing this game for years LEGITIMATELY, and I can have fun with it if I want. I'm not cheating to inflate statistics or gain an unfair competitive edge, so that eliminates any need for admonishment or philosophical discussion.
BillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Have you tried using the trainer with F3 and using the numpad keys to browse through it? Those shortcut keys can get messed up if you've got more script mods installed that use those keys.

I personally always turn those shortkeys off because there's just too many of them and it's pretty easy to accidentally press one
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #3
BillyJack
Old Gamer Modding Noob
Newbie Member

BillyJack is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll Try That

O-o-o-okay, now...I feel like a real dummy: I just noticed that the documentation was more extensive than I'd thought, that there were more pages beyond where I was reading. I sincerely apologize for whining petulantly. I had not expected the document to be formatted as it was, with page breaks between sections to group relevant data (I'm using Word 2007 to view ReadMe.doc). Reading on, I found much more helpful information regarding navigating options via the menu versus implementing cheats with keystrokes. Of particular handiness was Mission Help option to terminate enemy @ valid destination marker during "I want your boots, your clothes, and your motorcycle." Now, if only I can figure out how to teleport to valid destination marker, e.g., while I'm in a helicopter tailing a target... (I hate it when choppers are required during a mission, but love them when their use is optional, like during drug wars).

Last edited by BillyJack; 04-18-2014 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Found information (thanks, killerfist) that made this entry superfluous
BillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No worries man, glad you solved it yourself

Regarding teleport I believe you can just place a waypoint on the map and then teleport to it
Old 05-08-2014   #5
Mister Moe
Newbie Member

Mister Moe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I'm having trouble using the Trainer in EFLC. Does not show up on F3 F4. Any Tips?

Edit: I have Asi loader and Version 1.0.7.0 and 1.1.2.0. Works fine in GTA4. Am only using it for changing player models.

Last edited by Mister Moe; 05-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: adding info and stuff
Mister Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

EFLC uses different files, I'm assuming you've already got scripthook along with your asi loader in the main folder? The other files you need are trainertbogt.asi, trainertbogt.ini, trainertlad.asi and trainertlad.ini which all need to be placed in the main EFLC folder
Old 05-09-2014   #7
Mister Moe
Newbie Member

Mister Moe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hah! It again shows that you just schould read ALL Filenames. Thanks for the help, it works.
Mister Moe is offline   Reply With Quote