Old 04-21-2014   #1
solidus1983
Newbie Member

solidus1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tug Help required [SOLVED!]

Hi all i seem to have a issue with gta iv, currently using 1.0.7.0 Steam version and no matter what texture mod i use or car mod i get the dam bug i have now.

Here is a youtube video of issue

As you can see it glitches like mad and its the only spot it does it. It Kills the Fps as you can see.

Is there away to fix the placement of this tug.

I know its in section manhat12_6 and thats as far as i have managed to find out.

Not sure if this is a xpl or wpl file edit or if its another file edit within the manhat12.img or vechiles.img or any other file.

So anyone got any ideas to fix this issue.

Also i have clean installed 18 times and tried 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.3.0 patches and same result.

Mods installed:

Ultimate HD Car Pack 2013 v1.3 - ELS - Release #2
Better City Textures
DKT70 HD Roads Re-edited by Fonia5
CryENB 1
Buzard V Style
V Style

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by solidus1983; 04-23-2014 at 02:20 PM..
solidus1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You could try placing back the default tug, it's found under pc/models/cdimages/vehicles.img .. it's called tuga

There might be some issue inside that HD car pack, some missing texture or something. Here are the default tuga files in case you didn't make a backup:

https://www.mediafire.com/?tgludyw2qkw02c6

Just use those files to replace the ones you've got in the vehicles.img and let me know if that solves the problem
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #3
solidus1983
Newbie Member

Thanks, I didn't think of that one LOL. Lucky i am using 3 copies for just this reason.
Will try and reply back. Do i need to rebuild img before saving or do i save without rebuild?

Edit: ok i have tried that it totally looks like placement i having taken a video of the issue again after the tuga replacment.

This is with the Mods above now, So it seems it might be a placement issue which hopefully can be resolved without having to start again.

Thanks for your reply

PS: Video is uploading now so might take a while.

Last edited by solidus1983; 04-22-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-22-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
It does indeed seem like a placement error, the tug is still default so it's not some mesh or texture of the tug itself that's causing the problem.

Never seen this problem before, you could try installing the mods one by one .. then seeing which one causes the problem. Then I'd just leave that one out and search for an adequate replacement of that mod
Old 04-22-2014   #5
solidus1983
Newbie Member

Thanks, I have test mods one by one. The Vehicle pack is not the cause its to do with the Texture Packs and it doesn't matter which one i use i get the same issue LOL.

At one stage the tuga didn't spawn everything was ok then it spawned and boom it started so is there a way to remove the tuga from spawn full stop?

That way at least i can get over the issue temporary whilst looking for a fix.

Thanks for your reply

Edit: a currupt save wouldn't cause this would it ?
Old 04-22-2014   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Can't imagine a savegame causing it but you can always try starting a new game to see if that solves the issue (you can use simple native trainer to unlock all bridges so that it's immediatly accessable).

You could delete the tuga files from the vehicles.img using OpenIV, not sure if that'll cause issues later though..
Old 04-22-2014   #7
solidus1983
Newbie Member

I have found its not save as i have tried. Used the 359-555-0100 code and flew over and still have the issue so will try your next suggestion.

I have looked in the wpl and xlm files and there is nothing in there for tuga placement not sure if to look in any other wpl or xpl file for vehicles though.

Thanks for reply!

Edit: i have just used OpenIV to have a browse inside manhat12.img to which i found a file called manhat12_7.wbn which
opens in a collision viewer which shows the right spot where the issue of placement is.

Now under the Collision viewer the section where the boat is misplaced is [3] BVH so i am going to have a look now to see if i can find such section in the stream area or another file extension that controls this.

If i can find the issue at least that way i can fix it. As i know its not save file based and the fact that any texture pack or even just that area causes such issues if i can find the problem and fix it i can then post here and let the modders know at least.

Last edited by solidus1983; 04-22-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Old 04-22-2014   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Can you actually see a tuga in that rendering of manhat12_7.wbn? If so I'd be happy to send you mine (a default one, in which there's no tuga).
Old 04-22-2014   #9
solidus1983
Newbie Member

It doesn't show the tuga but it shows the docking section its glitching on.
So i decided to restore a Clean Copy of GTA IV from my Steam backup (Saves redownloading and is faster). Going to go 1 by one again.

I changed the manhat7.img .wpl .ide .xpl files and still had the issue so it put me back to square 1 again.

So this time i am going to Leave the textures and place in the modded cars again and see if i have this issue leaving all other mods out then check. If that passes i will then go back to the old Vech's and then use the Better City Texture Mod and see if the issue is back and just keep going till i defo find the cause.

Its either collision issues which changing manhat7.img should of fixed or its another file down the road so to speak causing the issue. I am just totally stumpped.

No sooner have i ruled one mod out of being the issue i am back at square one again.

Just hope they release GTA V soon on PC!

Fixed!! At last. It was down to the vehicles.ide file in the end so how i go about fixing that file i do not know LOL.

But thanks for your help will contact the Modder that made the Car pack i used and point him to the videos and the cause and see what can be done.

Thanks once again for your help.

Last edited by solidus1983; 04-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 04-23-2014   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

The vehicles.ide? Maybe he changed one of the numbers by accident .. this is how the default tuga line is suppose to look:

tuga, tuga, boat, TUG, RUSTBOAT, veh@boat_standing, NULL, 100, 999, 0.50, 0.50, 1, 0, 2.0 ,0, noboot+tallship

(spacing might be off, but the order is correct)

I'm glad you found the cause atleast
Old 04-23-2014   #11
solidus1983
Newbie Member

Thanks for your reply, In fact it wasn't dodgy numbers the person that made the car pack placed vehicles.ide in the vehicles.ide file.

Code:
# cars have two extra fields wheelmodelId and wheel scale
# planes have one extra field model id of low level of detail
admiral, 	admiral,	car,		ADMIRAL,	ADMIRAL,	VEH@STD,	VEH@STD_LO1_LO1,	100,	999,		0.2526,	0.2626,		0.8,	2,	1.2	,1,	ext_requi+livery+sports
vehicles.ide
airtug,		airtug,		car,		AIRTUG,		AIRTUG,		VEH@VAN,	NULL,				100,	999,		0.1104,	0.1104,		0,	2,	1.0	,1,	noboot+ext_conv
I basically copied the whole file in OpenIV to a txt document then corrected that line and then renamed the .txt file back to a .ide file all works now without issues.

So with all the uninstalling reinstalling via restore tool for steam and then re-modding the img's with all the mods i wanted it was a simple line fault in a file. LOL

So if anyone downloads Ultimate HD Car Pack 2013 v1.3 - ELS - Release #2 or Ultimate HD Car Pack 2013 v1.3 - NON-ELS - Release #2 simply convert the vehicles.ide to vehicles.txt remove the line with vehicles.ide in it and save the file. Then rename vehicles.txt to vehicles.ide and bam you won't have the glitch.

Now to finish of tweaking the CryENB settings.

Thanks for your help though Killerfist without you asking the basic questions so to speak i won't have looked at vehicles.ide LOL
Old 04-23-2014   #12
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No problem, but you kinda got there all by yourself

If you need any help with other stuff just let me know
Old 04-23-2014   #13
solidus1983
Newbie Member

Will do and thanks once again.