Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014   #1
WoodenDiamond71

WoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enough
Installing Cars in Gta iv (disc version)

Hello and i recently decided to install a realistic car pack and cant seem to figure it out. What are required in order to install them? I also tried to just install a few cars instead of a car pack like a dodge viper to replace the banshee but once it was installed with the vehicle mod installer, the game would not load. Any ideas on why it wouldnt start and also if there is a tutorial i can follow please guide me in the right direction. Thanks!
WoodenDiamond71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Make sure you update your game first, and always launch the game through 'LaunchIV.exe' or it won't work with mods

To install cars you'll need either SparkIV or OpenIV, I'd suggest starting with SparkIV

Fire it up once you've downloaded (and installed) it and hit the big 'browse' button, then go to pc/models/cdimages. Now it depends on what kind of files the car pack had..

if it's one file (a vehicles.img) just hit import and select that file (it'll be highlighted in blue once you've replaced it) then hit save and you're done.

If it's however a folder full of files (.wtd and .wft files probably) open up the vehicles.img first (in SparkIV) then once it's open just do the same as I said before (import, select all the files, then hit save).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #3
WoodenDiamond71

WoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enoughWoodenDiamond71 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Make sure you update your game first, and always launch the game through 'LaunchIV.exe' or it won't work with mods

To install cars you'll need either SparkIV or OpenIV, I'd suggest starting with SparkIV

Fire it up once you've downloaded (and installed) it and hit the big 'browse' button, then go to pc/models/cdimages. Now it depends on what kind of files the car pack had..

if it's one file (a vehicles.img) just hit import and select that file (it'll be highlighted in blue once you've replaced it) then hit save and you're done.

If it's however a folder full of files (.wtd and .wft files probably) open up the vehicles.img first (in SparkIV) then once it's open just do the same as I said before (import, select all the files, then hit save).
Ok ill get back to you if it works! Thanks for the reply
WoodenDiamond71 is offline   Reply With Quote