Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2014   #1
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
My problem with GTA V (spoilers here...)

Sorry -- I know that it might seem like overkill to put my entire comment in spoiler tags, but I would hate to read something like this and have a game ruined for me.

My biggest problem with GTA V has more to do with how its protagonists can kill so many people without getting caught. This is more important to me than the usual "oh, cars don't drive like this" or "how can a single human being carry a shop's worth of guns & ammo on his person?"

Those gripes are legitimate -- because they do deal with real-world issues, reality-based gaming, and reality period. But let's all take a step back and assume that the FiB and iAA are truly covering for Trevor, Franklin, and Michael.

In real life, some reporter or some PD somewhere would connect the dots. Almost nobody gets away with murdering upwards of 500 people and does not get caught. It hasn't happened, as far as well know, in modern history, at least -- since the printing press, newspapers, photography, and forensics have existed.

And for anyone who feels like being smart -- remember -- bin Laden, Milosevich, and Mubarak all got caught or killed. Hitler died. Goebbels died. The only dictator on the planet who may escape the jaws of justice is Kim Jong Un -- and even he might get sent to Pluto in a space-coffin.

So -- that's it. No biggie. Just complaining because, well, I'm bored and I feel as though I have nothing better to do than to complain. Which is partly why I put this in spoiler tags -- because let's face it -- everyone has something to say that is negative about GTA, at some point or other. Although, I'll also say this -- I do love this franchise, and this game is the best out of all of them so far -- yes, even with the sharpshooting trigger-happy police "officers" who are really just processor-based killbots hell-bent on preventing us from having any fun.

J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote