Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013   #1
BROOKLYNBOY2497

BROOKLYNBOY2497 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is there any way to dim the street lights?

Hi. I just wanted to know if there is any way I can dim the street lights. Usually, when I patrol at night, it's unrealistically bright and I think the cause of that is the street lights being too bright. I have the snow mod in now, you (may) know, for the wintery whether we've been having lately, and the street lights look even brighter when they reflect off the snow. So, is there any way to dim them?

Thanks for your time! Have a nice day!
BROOKLYNBOY2497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I'd suggest using a ENB

Here's the results I got using Icenhancer 1.25

Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013   #3
BROOKLYNBOY2497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I'd suggest using a ENB

Here's the results I got using Icenhancer 1.25

I'm actually looking for something maybe in the visualsettings.dat file? Maybe there's a line in there where you can change the value of something and that would change the amount of brightness emitted by the street lights? (just like when you raise the number on the "#Other emissive lights" line it makes the police lights brighter and when you lower the number it makes them dimmer) I just don't want to lean too much towards an ENB because it might make my game lag/crash. Idk though, does Icenhancer 1.25 work good and not make too much lag? I might be willing to give it a shot.
Old 12-17-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Might slow down your pc a bit yeah, Id say back up your files and give it a try. If you end up not liking it or if it slows down your pc you can always remove it again
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #5
BROOKLYNBOY2497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Might slow down your pc a bit yeah, Id say back up your files and give it a try. If you end up not liking it or if it slows down your pc you can always remove it again

Okay, thanks.