Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013   #1
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Do You Feel Like There Were Any Loose Ends After The Story Was Done? (SPOILERS)

Just be clear: SPOILERS ABOUND IN THIS THREAD, so don't say you weren't warned.

So I'm pretty satisfied with how things turned out at the end of this. I felt everything that was important got dealt with and addressed, but there were a few things I wonder about

1. What happened with Michael's boat? When it got stolen, did it feel to anyone else like this was a plot thread that would be picked up later somehow? At the very least, maybe that when playing as Trevor he'd sort of cross paths with the thing out in Blaine County and be unaware of who it belonged to. It could have been funny actually if it turned out that the thieves actually worked for him, and Michael finds out much later. But it doesn't really go nowhere.

2. The Lost. They were still out there after Trevor crashes Johnny's funeral and blows up the trailer park. You can have random encounters with them and there's even a taxi company mission involving them.

3. Where's Franklin's Epilogue? After the credits roll, Trevor gets the "Mrs. Phillips" mission, which feels like sort of a bonus ending for him(not very uplifting or with a lot of closure, but you could argue that seems right for him), as does Michael's final therapy session with Dr. Friedlander, but Franklin on the other hand only gets a couple of phone calls and whatever conversations he has with the friends when hanging out. I was expecting him to maybe learn to get over Tanisha and move on, perhaps? Going to her wedding and wishing her the best would have been a nice close to that. As the character who got to make the big choice at the end, there didn't seem to be that much of an emotional payoff for him after the fact.

4. Picking option C. at the end basically addresses all the big problems the characters are having, but if you go with A or B, you're still leaving Franklin with one party breathing down his neck about the thing they want him to do, aren't you? If you do what the FIB guys want then Devin Weston is still going to want you to do the other thing, and vice versa, right? I haven't played those endings so I don't know what the aftermath is, but it would seem to me that he'd still be left with that problem. Maybe someone who has played those endings knows and can tell me.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
5. The big plane crashing into the alamo sea, I expected that there'd be a follow up mission. I even tried exploring it after I finished the story but it's to damn big to search every inch of it. Did anyone find anything there at all? Because I've yet to hear someone actually finding anything.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #3
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
5. The big plane crashing into the alamo sea, I expected that there'd be a follow up mission. I even tried exploring it after I finished the story but it's to damn big to search every inch of it. Did anyone find anything there at all? Because I've yet to hear someone actually finding anything.
There's videos online of people doing it. You just find some guns.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Ah okay Ill check that out thanks
Old 10-14-2013   #5
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
it's on the far left side of the alamo sea, i took one of the scuba suit dingy's up the rapids to get there, or you could cargobob a sub up that way too.
Old 10-15-2013   #6
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
What's up with Franklin suddenly going all mad with Stretch? I understand he like set them up earlier, but it's such a minor thing in the game, at all unrelated with anything else other than the ending in which it is mentioned in the first place. It is so out of place, further considering that Franklin was barely arsed to save Lamar, let alon now deal with Stretch too.

The way Haines gets eliminated is just dissapointing. Michael could of done it ages ago and just be done with the blackmailing. The whole FIB thing is so flimsy to me. So stretched out.

Big bad chinese come out of nowhere, die just like that.

And right at start of the game. Trevor comes to LS only because of Michael, driven by rage to find him. Then casually chats with him, forgets all about the past that got him enraged in the first place and starts planning his own big heist before anything about them two is even started being resolved. Because he's like the crazy guy are all his motives supposed to be crazy random as well?

All these things make the games story seem very weak to me. Going through it it's fine, but the ending pretty much kills it along with Franklin being a bland character and the relationship between Michael and Trevor being bland as well. I knew I was going to be overally dissapointed with the story 15 missions before the end when I realized I was nearing completion and that nothing about the characters has changed significantly during the whole game thus far, and it probably isn't going to. And it didn't. The ending is slapstick and weakens the already flimsy story.

F**ck Tanisha and f**ck Michael with his lame ass pathetic problems that require two if his friends that ain't his friends at all to help him out all the time. Yessir mister Michael sir, do with my ass what you please, cause I need paper dawg.
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKpfw VI View Post
The way Haines gets eliminated is just dissapointing. Michael could of done it ages ago and just be done with the blackmailing. The whole FIB thing is so flimsy to me. So stretched out.
Although I agree with the FIB thing being too stretched out, the way Haines died was entirely up to you. You could use any means you'd like. I personally thought it was quite satisfying shooting him with with the advanced sniper rifle.. seeing him fly back a few feet from the blast.
Old 10-15-2013   #8
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
It's a good action flick. And it seems to me like that's wha Rockstar is starting to do; releasing flicks. The Noire flick, the Max Payne flick, now they made GTA into a flick too. For L.A. Noire the flick style works wonderfully, for Max Payne it worked very well considering it's a heavily story/character driven game. For GTA... It could work great, but not with a weak story. Definitely not a weak story including like three protagonists, when from what I can see Michael is the protagonist while Trevor and Franklin are his sidekicks for the most part. All I can say is that this game is not what it was supposed to be. Like a hyped up blockbuster, it's half of what it should of been. I am dissapoint. Do you realize there's only 69 missions in this game? Compared to over a 100 in GTA IV? And except the heists... How many of them were like big, long, complex missions? A few perhaps? The missions should of been improved massively, imagine how much they could of been if they only used the f**king stealth system they implemented, then ignored for all the game. How many short little lame missions like going with Jimmy to the beach and saving the daugther did you do? Alright! Big chase time! I just stopped, popped the fools and went to Jimmy. Like a fish, under 50seconds. Big missions right, and it counts under the 69.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, Can't wait for it on the PC so i can play with some decent controls and graphics (Please don't think I'm hating or starting something, this is my honest opinion, I an not a console gamer) But man, so much WASTED POTENTIAL.

Please discuss, I would like to hear moe from you on this.
Old 10-16-2013   #9
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKpfw VI View Post
It's a good action flick. And it seems to me like that's wha Rockstar is starting to do; releasing flicks. The Noire flick, the Max Payne flick, now they made GTA into a flick too. For L.A. Noire the flick style works wonderfully, for Max Payne it worked very well considering it's a heavily story/character driven game. For GTA... It could work great, but not with a weak story. Definitely not a weak story including like three protagonists, when from what I can see Michael is the protagonist while Trevor and Franklin are his sidekicks for the most part. All I can say is that this game is not what it was supposed to be. Like a hyped up blockbuster, it's half of what it should of been. I am dissapoint. Do you realize there's only 69 missions in this game? Compared to over a 100 in GTA IV? And except the heists... How many of them were like big, long, complex missions? A few perhaps? The missions should of been improved massively, imagine how much they could of been if they only used the f**king stealth system they implemented, then ignored for all the game. How many short little lame missions like going with Jimmy to the beach and saving the daugther did you do? Alright! Big chase time! I just stopped, popped the fools and went to Jimmy. Like a fish, under 50seconds. Big missions right, and it counts under the 69.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, Can't wait for it on the PC so i can play with some decent controls and graphics (Please don't think I'm hating or starting something, this is my honest opinion, I an not a console gamer) But man, so much WASTED POTENTIAL.

Please discuss, I would like to hear moe from you on this.
Man your hating. lol im only joking. Everything you said is true. But I still love this game.
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #10
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

Just realized I wrote decent graphics. The graphics are very decent on the console, suprisingly good. Still waiting for better graphics though. And I just gotten used to the controls, shooting straight golden with tha free-aim! Took me a whole week of playing since I got a proper hold of the controller. How many people playing with free aim? I played a few missions with aim assist and frankly, no offense, consider that playing like that is straight up limp. On my 2nd playtrough, thinking I might do at least 90% game done before I get numb with it.

One more thing... During the first heist, how does Michael just get out of the crime scene, into the truck that must of been very nearby and to the LS river, most definitely obeying laws of traffic or he would of been caught, before Franklin who was speeding on a bike, across town, using a shortcut? Not only that but also, how isn't he caught right away? Bikes a distraction? lolz
Old 12-08-2013   #11
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Continuing on the "lots of spoilers" thread here... don't read if you ain't done!

Yeah -- it's a flick. But every GTA since III is a flick. Every one of them has a story, and if you think about it, this is the first GTA game ever to let you explore every aspect of the entire map without getting either max wanted level (as in the case of SA) or having to do weird trick jumps (as in the case of VC) or can't get there at all without some cheat (as in the case with III, and even then I wouldn't know about it because I never played with cheats on that game).

So -- if you love good storytelling (and I do) then this "flick," if we want to call it that, is perhaps the best-written, the most believable, and the best-scripted of them all to date. When it comes to sheer physics, the only problem that I had was when you took the MerryWeather jet and it wouldn't fly much faster than the cropduster that you used to board it (which is also pretty much BS). But with that ONE bit of suspension of disbelief, the rest of the game is great fun and is pretty damned awesome.

When it came to "loose ends," I wanted to see a few things explored that weren't:

1. Believe it or not, I wanted to know more about Franklin's soon-to-be-married ex (can't remember her name right now). But she was such a minor distraction in the game that, well, she was pretty much a distraction.

2. Certain places in the game scream "use me for something!!!" like some of the buildings and areas in Blane County. Why, for instance, there aren't any missions that take place on the wind farm, or that involve the scrap yard (beyond of course those that take place when you buy it) were a couple of examples. I also wished that there were more missions involving hospitals -- and although Brad is dead, it would have been great if the guys had been called upon to break SOMEONE out of the prison. (I had missed the dialog, the first time that I played, that explained why Lester and Trevor are talking about "avoiding the prison" while flying past it so that they "don't get too jumpy for the breakout." I thought, at the time, that we would eventually get to break someone out -- like Cam or a similar character.)

And how about the LS main Police station -- with an armory and cells in the basement? Seems like a major wasted opportunity to provide more awesome hours of gameplay...
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #12
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
The game's story suffered because of Franklin. To me, the main story was about Michael and Trevor's friendship, and the betrayal that happened all those years ago. It's set-up in the prologue and is a constant throughout the game. Audiences could decide who was in the right and who was in the wrong. It was good. It was leading up to a satisfying ending where Michael would kill Trevor or vice versa (depending on who the player thought was in the right).

And then there was Franklin, who had literally no bearing on the story at all outside of "I want to make some money but you two keep fighting and it's bad." Scratch Franklin's story altogether, devote the extra time to building that Trevor/Michael rivalry and plotting it out better so there's no "I've moved to Los Santos and now we're friends again" kind of plot holes, and the game's story is an absolute winner. Instead, what we're left with is an absolute mess.

But then Rockstar wouldn't have filled the black-guy quota and all the kiddies would have cried.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote