Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013   #9391
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
FYI elder scrolls anthology is on sale at bestbuy.com for 29.99 great deal.
Old 11-29-2013   #9392
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
FYI elder scrolls anthology is on sale at bestbuy.com for 29.99 great deal.
Thats a good deal but only Oblivion and Skyrim is worth playing in my opinion.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #9393
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Tearaway (PS Vita)

Absolutely beautiful and very fun game. The animation has a really cool stop-motion effect to it that's really hard to describe but looks really cool.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #9394
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
^That's high on my to-play list

I just smashed my triple town high score this morning. A cool 2.33 mil. Whatup
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #9395
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Currently playing Skyrim without the HUD. Much more immersive.
Old 12-24-2013   #9396
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Currently playing DayZ Standalone and I'm enjoying it so far. It cannot be reiterated enough that it's in alpha at the moment and it can be buggy as hell, and people need to be aware of this before buying it though. But when you get into it, I really like what's been changed, despite it remaining the same game for the most part. Even on medium settings it looks pretty great and the crafting and UI is pretty effective despite its minimalistic approach.

Downsides are that the zombies are fucking annoying in its current state. Walking/running through walls for the ultimate surprise attack, and being able to spot you from 50m or so while you're prone in some grass, and then chasing after you for as long as it wants. I actually lost line of sight with one, went over a hill (the bush that allowed me to lose line of sight was at the top of the hill) and ran a bit further and hid. The fucker still ran straight to me. This can be annoying when you're bleeding and you clearly should have lost the zombies attention and need to bandage yourself up.

Picking up objects can be a pain in the ass, too. There was a shirt that I needed on top of a wardrobe that no matter what, I couldn't select. The inventory has a "vicinity" option to pick items up but it's sketchy at best. You kinda need this vicinity option as it's the only way to see if the item you want is in good condition and if it has any available pockets (although this will probably be more useful to newbies).

That said. Pockets. Cargo pants and shirts and chest pieces, they can all add some extra storage space to carry shit about and it will come in handy as you're collecting all the tuna you can find.

I haven't found any ammo yet, but there's a few melee weapons available but they seem pretty useless atm (I tried defending myself with a baseball bat and it didn't help me at all).

Overall the game is good, but it's a long way off being complete. I'd definitely recommend checking in on any updates and youtube videos until you're happy it's looking decent enough to play.
Old 01-03-2014   #9397
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Playing Dragon Ball Revenge of King Piccolo right now on Dolphin with PS3 control.

It is aight, not what I had hoped for/expected, but it is good.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #9398
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Bagged my first (intentional) DayZ kill. Friend got ambushed in a pub/bar/cafe upstairs so I went round the back and saw the shooter by a window, looting my friend. Shotgun to the chest and I figured we were even.

Dude must have been pissed though. M4 with scope and silencer, with around 150-200 rounds on him. My friend said the guy had said sorry before opening fire so I have no regrets.
Old 01-27-2014   #9399
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I've been playing tons of Spelunky lately. Got to Hell twice now. But the time I got to Yama, the end boss, i couldn't figure out how to kill it.
Old 01-28-2014   #9400
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I've become completely addicted to Sid Meier's Civilization V. Can't. Stop. Playing.
Old 06-05-2014   #9401
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Been playing Watch_Dogs for the last couple days. I understand some of the complaints about the game but overall I'm having fun with it. I don't like the driving as much as GTA but I do like the combat and using stuff in the environment to kill enemies.

Game looks really nice on PC but even at max settings it doesn't look as good as Infamous imo except for at night.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #9402
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

I played my first bit of watch dogs last night. I really like all the effects and UI and the retro art in the minigames. The main character is pretty dull and unlikeable and a lot of the dialogue is cringe-worthy. But overall I think it's pretty good.

edit: also I've been playing FFVII on vita in the car and whatever. On my way to fighting sephiroth in disc 3! I've played over 40 hours somehow, just in cars and planes. Haven't put that much time into a game in ages.

Last edited by Legham; 06-05-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Old 06-05-2014   #9403
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Tried some watch dogs aswell, maybe I didn't give it enough time but free-roaming was pretty boring. Don't really get what's the use of an open world game if free-roaming isn't any fun.

Shooting mechanics are alright, basically just the same as blacklist
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote