Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's your favorite GTA V radio/talk station? And song from that station?
Radio Los Santos 0 0%
Channel X 0 0%
Rebel Radio 1 8.33%
East Los FM 0 0%
West Coast Classics 0 0%
FlyLo FM 0 0%
Vinewood Boulevard Radio 1 8.33%
Los Santos Rock Radio 3 25.00%
Non Stop Pop 100.7 FM 3 25.00%
Soulwax FM 0 0%
The Blue Ark 0 0%
Worldwide FM 1 8.33%
The Low Down 91.1 0 0%
Radio Mirror Park 2 16.67%
Space 103.2 0 0%
West Coast Talk Radio (WCTR) 96.5 0 0%
Blaine County Talk Radio 0 0%
None of the Above 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2013   #1
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Favorite radio/talk station?

What's your favorite?
Old 11-15-2013   #2
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I wasn't super-crazy about any of them at first, but they're warming up to me. I like LSRR and The Low-Down, but Non-Stop Pop has a few gems in it and Rebel Radio is pretty good too. The only stations I don't listen to at all are the rap stations.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #3
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Non stop pop/pet shop boys/west end girls great song. I can stand the "classic" rap station but not the new rap nigga shit.
Old 11-16-2013   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I really like Vinewood Boulevard Radio, even though the guys from Wavves are total dicks.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Hard to choose just one but los santos rock is the one I listened to most. I also love vinewood boulevard radio, the lowdown, rebel radio and occassionaly radio mirror park. Blue ark can be quite good too, so basically everything but rap and pop
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #6
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
Mirror park was okay at times, so was non-stop pop with a few of the tracks. I really dislike the entire radio collection. It's an unimaginative collection of D class pop music. All the radio stations are pop, and they suck. IMHO Sure there is some rap, but it's the pop kinda rap. GTA V radio FAIL

P.S. I couldn't believe my own self, but for the majority of the game I kept the radio off.
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
That's bullshit, there's such a variety in music.. you really didn't listen to any of it if you call it all pop music. I wouldn't dare to call Johnny Cash a popartist, same goes for The Black Angels and about 90% of the rest of the music

If you really can't find any music you like then you're just too damn picky
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #8
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
FlyLo FM and Radio Los Santos.
Old 11-16-2013   #9
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
El Sondito.

UN DOS TRES QUATRO
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #10
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
^mmmmyes

victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #11
j_harvill

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band is not fucking pop.
I wouldn't consider Phil Collins pop either.

Channel X=no pop

Last edited by j_harvill; 11-16-2013 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #12
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest East Los FM is actually pretty amazing, but ignored because of the espanol.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #13
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
I really like Radio Mirror Park. The DJ is awesome. The stupid hipster remarks he makes during the breaks are very funny.
Old 11-16-2013   #14
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
We're searching for that perfect beat, it's Gilles Peterson

seeing him live this month, can't wait.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #15
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I am picky with my music. But I did give the radio a good try, there are exceptions to this generalized statement that I made, yes; there a quite a few tracks that aren't pop in any way. What I was stating, perhaps too bluntly, is that the impression as a whole I have of the radio stations is very much pop.

example, you say Channel X is no pop. By any genre sorting process it's clear that it is not pop. Yet my whole impressions of that radio station is the same bad aftertaste I get after listening bad pop. (What I consider as) I don't know the band playing Amoeba, but judging by what I heard from them, I wouldn't want to know them. They don't sound punk to me, or rock, or anything in any damn way. They sound like some wanna be hard poppers.

Please see I have no quarrel with genres, I enjoy a variety of varied music.

Call me a snob, but I believe at least 50% of the music in-game is heavily pop-influenced and I dislike it. (Not beacuse any genres influenced it per se, but because I find it weak)

I am sorry to agitate anyone, that's the best I can do to explain myself for this matter.

P.S. I would call Phil Collins pop. And damn fine pop at that.

Last edited by PzKpfw VI; 11-17-2013 at 07:02 AM..
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote