Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013   #16
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I really want an alien invasion or zombies. I know zombies have been done so many times and i wouldnt care if it came with a mini story or anything. But having zombies roaming the streets or aliens with ufos flying around fighting the military, abducting people and taking over would be cool. Im not really interested in clothes and stuff.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #17
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
I really want an alien invasion or zombies. I know zombies have been done so many times and i wouldnt care if it came with a mini story or anything. But having zombies roaming the streets or aliens with ufos flying around fighting the military, abducting people and taking over would be cool. Im not really interested in clothes and stuff.
That would be really interesting to see, but personally I'd only like it if it was an alternate universe sort of thing. It could use the same characters, locations, etc. but it would be broken off from the current storyline. I just think it would be strange to abruptly switch from the current themes of the game to aliens/zombies.

Don't get me wrong though, I totally agree. The
crazy alien-hunting mission that starts after that stranger passes da blunt
was more fun that I thought it would be.
Old 10-12-2013   #18
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
I'd like it if you could get the JB700 (the James Bond Aston Martin style car) with the machine gun/tire spike gadgets, and even add an ejector seat that shoots you up high enough to use the parachute. That'd be fun.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
For Alien style DLC, I want it to be like They Live, the fact that Los Santos had aliens all along, and by wearing certain sunglasses you can see all the propaganda and Aliens among us.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #20
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Some animal survival games would be fun too (cougers, wolfs) maybe even with a knife as starting weapon
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #21
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
That would be really interesting to see, but personally I'd only like it if it was an alternate universe sort of thing. It could use the same characters, locations, etc. but it would be broken off from the current storyline. I just think it would be strange to abruptly switch from the current themes of the game to aliens/zombies

Don't get me wrong though, I totally agree. The
crazy alien-hunting mission that starts after that stranger passes da blunt
was more fun that I thought it would be.
If it were to be done, i think the best way to do it is during the main story. Why not there be some kind of random stranger hanging around the satellites near sandy shores, he asks for your help to hack the electronics and he sends a signal or something out to space creating kind of a waypoint to direct the aliens for their invasion. Something as simple as that could be a toggle to begin the alien invasion dlc. Hack the electeonics to disable the signal and the ufos retreat.
Over short time of the invasion, there could be little safe-zone military forts for civilians built around the map.

They have already most of what they need for the dlc, just script the toggle missions of removing the hack and make some small changes to the map to make it look like some kind of war is taking place. They have the models of ufos and aliens. All they need to do is script the toggle/disable missions and have the aliens fly around and kill people.

For zombies, it could just have a chemical spill and that can be used for used as the dlc trigger.

Last edited by iKlipse; 10-12-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-12-2013   #22
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Eh thats a lot more Saints row style than GTA.
Old 10-12-2013   #23
iKlipse

So youre pretty much saying that of all the different types of zombie games, they are all the style of one particular game like left for dead? That an alien invasion will only work for SR4 because it was the first out of the two open world games to include an alien invasion, somehow making it that games style?

Sorry but im mind fucking myself trying to understand the logic. its like saying that undead nightmare wouldnt fit because its too L4D style to have zombies roaming.
Old 10-12-2013   #24
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
I think anything EXPLICITLY confirming Aliens should be an alternate reality thing like Undead Nightmare, while something that has to be canon should be more ambiguous and be more of a conspiracy thriller action story thing, like have Trevor investigate a military plane or train crash out in the desert and find a mysterious vial or artifact, and the main thrust of the story could be the Military/Government chasing him, Michael and Franklin down over it, and them trying to find out the truth(which could allow for some great set piece missions, or heists revolving around getting into secure military/government buildings), and have it end with an implication of alien involvement(like they're cornered by the soldiers, but there's a sudden flash of light, and everyone wakes up to find the artifact gone, and maybe they've all had their memories erased of the past few days, or at least the people chasing them have, just to tie it up, but still leave ambiguity to what happened. There's variations on this of course, like maybe the artifact is actually a guy they have to protect, but from the way he acts and the things he says, it's implied to the player that he's an alien in disguise without ever committing to that. I think that could be unique enough, and having an alien reacting to American culture could tie into the satire of the series pretty well.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #25
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
So youre pretty much saying that of all the different types of zombie games, they are all the style of one particular game like left for dead? That an alien invasion will only work for SR4 because it was the first out of the two open world games to include an alien invasion, somehow making it that games style?

Sorry but im mind fucking myself trying to understand the logic. its like saying that undead nightmare wouldnt fit because its too L4D style to have zombies roaming.
i'm saying it seems a little out of character for GTA, which is grounded more in realism and realms of possibility, to suddenly have alien invasions, or zombie outbreaks.

perhaps you could fit it in as a drug trip of trevor, but even then, it's a kind of rehash of undead nightmare.

It's going to damn call of duty to have the main expansions be repeating, looks to cash grab to go "Lets just toss in some supernatural thing like last time."
Old 10-15-2013   #26
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Would love to see Liberty City come back.
We've already met Packie and he talked about Niko so for Packie to introduce to Niko for some heists and extended story in Liberty City wouldn't be that far fetched imho.

And as LC already is done, it just needs some updates and a change to summertime I think it's very doable.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #27
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
I really hope they eventually add the option to buy houses, so many nice houses in the world and they give us apartments. Along with houses bigger garages or being able to own a garage and apartment w/ garage would be awesome. 10 cars seems like a lot at first but I have already planned out those 10 spots and would like more cars.
Old 10-21-2013   #28
Big Fella
--DanK--

Big Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enough
I would like to be able to have a apartment and garage at the same time. I like the 2 garage apt, but want more than 2 cars. Also have meet up points for jobs. So when you join a job, you don't get teleported to the host location. But a store that is close to the mission. Would also like to see more bars to hang out in. And bring back pool tables.

Visit my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanK3670
Big Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #29
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
That's true. But they do have well over a billion dollars to work with. I think adding at least one city, a couple extra radio stations and a few new peds would be entirely possible and within their budget. Especially if it were download only, and they charged well for it. Hell I'd pay $20 each additional city lol

Hear, hear. I agree totally. I want to see a re-realized version of VC, and a return to LC with more land (like, say, Staten Island -- maybe as Latte Island or something like that...)
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #30
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Looks like the first bit of DLC will be the Beach Bum Pack. Totally free (which is pretty awesome). A few more vehicles and a few more weapons, plus some character customization stuff. Let the speculation begin.

The dune buggy is a cool addition. I wonder what weapons will be added. A giant pool noodle would be amusing, if ineffective. I'm hoping for a flamethrower or maybe a guided rocket launcher.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote