Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013   #16
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
Ironically this game has the shortest lifespan of an online game I've ever owned this generation. My level 18 or 19 character was magically erased tonight, wiping out all stat progress and properties owned. This completely turned me off from wanting to play this again for a very long time, if ever again. So frustrating.
Oh wow even now your character got erased? That really sucks man, I know things aren't smooth for everyone right now but I thought they atleast fixed the losing progress issue.

But yeah people do have a right to complain after a week, I'm just a little more patient and don't mind waiting for heists to appear within a months time. I don't progress that quickly anyhow, but people like Kodo that are already around level 40/50 must get bored right around now.. I do understand that. You're kinda being punished for progressing so fast which is ridiculous.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #17
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
I'm not even the highest ranked, there's people in 60s and 70s right now too
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #18
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
I'm running my 4th character right now @ rank 7. If I'd have my first on, I'd prolly be somewhere aroud 25-30. Not much, but starting over and over again is really annoying.
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #19
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo View Post
I'm not even the highest ranked, there's people in 60s and 70s right now too
Oh wow really? those people must get bored indeed, I'd say go play something else and return whenever they've made some major updates.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #20
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
How would you rate the higher ranked missions in terms of fun and gameplay, Kodo? If they're good, and people are missing out on them intentionally because they're more concerned with progression, I'd suggest their mentality is part of the problem they're having. Or do you just mean they aren't replaying them? Because that I'd get.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #21
RIPpo
Professional Dumbass

RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFan View Post
I'm running my 4th character right now @ rank 7. If I'd have my first on, I'd prolly be somewhere aroud 25-30. Not much, but starting over and over again is really annoying.
sitting through that tutorial multiple times is awful... why is there no skip button for the cutscenes?!?
Old 10-07-2013   #22
Big Fella
--DanK--

Big Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enough
Compared to IV, this is a big improvement. Much more to do in V. Yes I would agree that they need to fix a lot. But I like where they are going with this MMO style. They just need to stay on top of it and fix their problems.

Visit my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanK3670
Big Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #23
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
Wouldn't it be easier, if the online character and any information with it would be saved on the console's hard drive not to the cloud? Or it wouldn't work that way?
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #24
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason they probably have it on the servers and not on the console's hard drive is to prevent people tampering with the data and cheating.
Old 10-07-2013   #25
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
How would you rate the higher ranked missions in terms of fun and gameplay, Kodo? If they're good, and people are missing out on them intentionally because they're more concerned with progression, I'd suggest their mentality is part of the problem they're having. Or do you just mean they aren't replaying them? Because that I'd get.
There's some higher level stuff that is more fun. For example I have footage that I need to edit of a lvl 65 mission where we parachute into Fort Zancudo, steal a bunch of helicopters, and shoot down the police together and Merryweather guys. This one gives a decent payout of $25,000. Found another 6 man mission where we can synchronize an attack on cement trucks to make $18,000 and 3,000 rep every 30 sec to 1 min. But it all comes down to the payout.. does a mission give good money and rep for its time spent?

I have to say that finding these better missions has improved my perspective. It's unfortunate that I had to grind out so many levels to uncover better missions, but hopefully there is some really cool stuff available to do at max rank. The reason I had so many complaints is because I think GTA Online has good potential and I want it to be the best it can be.
Old 10-07-2013   #26
j_harvill

j_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to all
I agree with just about all of the frustrations pointed out here.

I fucking hate having to be invited back to the session that I was originally in. I hate lousy payouts and over priced everything. If rockstar is expecting people to buy cash packs to have enough money to own/upgrade/customize things that's wrong.

Thankfully I haven't lost a character.
Old 10-08-2013   #27
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
I've started grinding titan of a job for the payout, as for the player loss issues i've only experienced it once right near the tutorial, i'm in the high 30's nearing the 40's and it's a bundle of fun, none of my cars or houses have disappeared...

I also noticed that rockstar has put out a warning loading screen over the loss of charecter bug. so there's that.
Old 10-08-2013   #28
Kodo

The grind doesn't stop, you just get a better grinding mission every 25 levels or so...

I did some missions with a level 121 today. He doesn't sleep, just takes power naps.