Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Modded GTA IV Screens Look Like real Life New York City

http://kotaku.com/unbelievable-gta-i...ium=Socialflow

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
You know, being on this website and handling mods from time to time, I can fairly say, I fucking hate ENB. People go WAYY OTT with it, apparently realism is bloom high enough to blind you and roads made of mirrors.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #3
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Yes I know, other then the bloom making the textures get washed out, those screenshots look great.

the bloom I'm sure can be easily disabled to fix the problem.

Unfortunately many games have this problem as well, not just modded GTA IV :/

I've hated it ever since HDR became available back in the geforce 6 days.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 09-21-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #4
Damage Inc.

Damage Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point
@Nite: Doesn't look really realistic. It looks too desaturated and kind of bleak and monotone to be real.
They look nice, sure, but it's still stylized...

@Ash: And I "fucking hate" the drab and cartoony look of regular GTAIV. Also, the problem is exactly in what you say; "People go over the top with it." Thus, it's a question of doing it RIGHT, in moderation. Cause I agree I can't stand over-exposure (or under-exposure for that matter) and overly high contrast, or just flare-effects that poke your eyes out, or even that depth-of-field effect that makes no sense because the computer doesn't know what your real eyes are focusing on and it only makes a blur out of everything (except a small area). Speaking of blur; Motion-blur is a load of nonsense as well, because real vision, although there might be a certain blur, it's never the same as the blur they use in any games. Granted, the blur you could set for ENB/iCE is a nice touch when you keep it really low.

So basically, the best thing is to just leave out all these extra effects and don't overuse the ones you actually use. Then you actually get better graphics than the regular game. What you hate is how people use it, but not so much if you would set it the way you like.
Damage Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote