Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2013   #1
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
The PS3 80029564 error & Rockstar/Sony's ineptitude

Long Rant Incoming: TL;DR and all that jazz

I'm a huge fan of both Rockstar games & Sony Playstation, and have been buying their products for the best part of 15 years, From Smugglers Run all the way through to LA Noire and now currently GTAV. I'm a huge Rockstar games fan. The fact I'm a member on one of their fansites for nearly 10 years shows that.
So it hurts me to say this, but their reputation in my eyes has been damaged by the past 48 hours.

For those of you who aren't aware there is a huge issue currently occurring with the downloadable version on the Playstation Network. The " 80029564" error has blighted many users and prevented them from successfully installing the game. Users would complete the download only for the installer to encounter an error at the 14% marker. The game stands at 17.2GB, a sizeable download for anyone, let alone those on modest internet packages. Those with download limits surely have been hit the hardest. I'm grateful, I've managed to upgrade my package to where it isn't an issue.

Sony pointed the finger at Rockstar, certain members on the Playstation forum pointed the fingers firmly at Sony. I however, strongly blame both. Rockstar are culpable for providing a glitchy installer, that has been replaced twice on Playstation Store. The first download stood at 16GB, the second at 17.2 and now the current stands at 18GB's. Sony are also culpable, for putting this on their store. For their absolutely awful consumer help service who said it would be fixed at 4PM GMT yesterday. It should have been sorted days before hand, and the download should have been tested before going public. I rarely download games anyway, I thought it would be an easier option given my schedule this week, but I was proven wrong. If the same issue occured with the physical copies of the game, if consumers put the disc in the console only to find errors, there would be uproar. A massive PR shitstorm, but currently it's only a bubble in a wave.

I hope it's resolved soon, I am on my third download. Each one has taken 7 hours of my time. The first corrupted at the install stage, the second downloaded to 99% only to reset itself to 0% and I'm in the process of downloading the third now, half way in, 3 and a half hours to go. And between the second and the third, Sony cancelled my pre-order, only to force me to re-buy a game I bought 2 weeks ago, without any of the pre-order bonuses. I really do feel Rockstar/Sony should refund/reward those who have been effected in some way. A lot of money has been wasted by fans of your game.

For those of you with issues, visit the official Playstation Forum for updates and best of luck.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/...false/page/197

Last edited by Lynk; 09-18-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote