Old 09-12-2013   #1
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Marketing budget GTA: V

Anyone got an idea how much is spent on marketing?

Because I have to say, judging by the frequent posts on Reddit, I am thinking the amount of money must be HUGE.

Also a stupid example but hell, there is even a billboard advertisement for it in my city, the first time I have seen an actual videogame advertisement on such a huge billboard in my city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #2
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
considering they deface a large amount of skyscrapers etc. with huge murals i can only assume it'd be in the tens of millions.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #3
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Yes, but is it really defacing if the building owner is being paid big bucks for it?

Hell, if R* wanted to paint a GTAV logo on the side of my house for 10 grand, I'd let 'em do it!
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
When that info about GTAV being the most expensive game of all time started circulating I read 100+ million dollars. Not sure if that's from a reliable source, but seems realistic.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #5
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
They painted a tram here in the melbourne cbd...
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #6
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
I wish they painted something in my shit town.
Old 09-12-2013   #7
kb24sd

kb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these parts
I'm pretty sure Sony paid for a lot of the marketing.

If you look at all of the advertising in the major cities (NYC, LA) all of the murals on the buildings only have the Playstation logo.
kb24sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #8
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Also, if you count trailers and public event stuff, then it wouldn't be that much given how minimalist Rockstar are about promoting their games, only making a handful of trailers, not doing presentations anywhere or having a presence at the big games expos. The rely on long stretches of secrecy with the occasional big impact of new footage/screenshots/journalist previews(which are all written, never with video) to generate word of mouth buzz and hype.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote