Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013   #16
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I preordered my SE on 14th of August from EBGames. Same place as I did with GTA IV. They have always been the best bet, imo. When i preordered GTA IV i walked in 3 of days before release to pay off the rest of my preorder and while no one was around me i asked if they had the copies ready and they did. After i bit of persuasion I handed the guy $50 for his own pocket and gave me the copy early without checking it out of the store, he then called me a few minutes before the midnight launch began and i handed over the barcode number, as we agreed, and he checked it out of the system with all the others as if the copy was sold on launch.

I wish he still worked there 4 days is too far away and i have a boring weekend.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #17
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
4 days is too far away and i have a boring weekend.
Luckily, I'm quite busy on Saturday and Sunday, though tomorrow will drag for me. Monday will either be the best or the worst, depending on whether JB Hifi break street-date, which they've done a few times in the past for big releases like this.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #18
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently Tesco cancelled some SE preorders. That's pretty fucked up, especially with it being so late.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #19
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
i'm kinda fucked, i got no ride to EBgames till the morning proper, no midnight launch for me.
Old 09-12-2013   #20
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
I have the SE and CE pre-ordered at Gamestop. However I'm getting a copy of GTA V tomorrow morning from a smaller video game store. I guess instead of going in to the midnight release and dealing with 300+ people I will wait until the next day, and trade in my early copy for store credit towards the SE.

Edit: Due to people tagging the store and GTA V on facebook and twitter, and instagram, the shipment has been delayed until monday. I just cancelled it and got my refund. Will wait for my Special and Collector's editions and go to the midnight release I guess. I was hoping to avoid the midnight release line. I remember for GTA IV there was huge brawl at my gamestop. My other option is buying the standard edition for $120-$150 today. But I don't think 5 days early is worth it as much as I love GTA V. If it was 2 weeks early I'd definitely get it...Oh well.....

Edit 2: I got my copy Installing now...7,876 mb install on the 360.

Last edited by Hell Inferno X2; 09-13-2013 at 11:50 PM..
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #21
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
Almost 48 hours until midnight release.

Getting antsy and having the urge to watch some shit.
Old 09-15-2013   #22
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I pre-ordered at some shitty little game shop at the mall. I wouldnt normally, but the little stores here don't get much stock at a time, it seems. Indonesia is super incompetent though, so i won't be surprised if i get it a day or two late -_-
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #23
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
That's unacceptable!!! Nah I hope you get day 1.
Old 09-15-2013   #24
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Me toooooo!
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #25
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Just finished paying for my collectors edition with strategy guide and have started the countdown! Fuck...yes!!!!!!!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #26
j_harvill

When you buy the game and strategy guide together at gamestop you something like 15-20%. It's kind of helpful in situations like this.
Old 09-15-2013   #27
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
You're all gonna tell me that I'm nuts (and I guess that I am) but I had to cancel my pre-order. I am so upset right now. But hey -- there will be another day, and I'll get to play it soon enough.

I just can't afford right now to buy an entire system, be it Xbox or PS3. I don't like using eBay and Craigslist, so I'm just going to save my dollars and plan to get it when I can. I'm moving to a new apartment in a couple of days, and I need to focus on getting things squared away financially first.

It kind of sucks being "old and wise." At the ripe-old age of 41, I wish that I could shave about twenty years off and enjoy having better hand-eye coordination (not to mention more energy). But on the other hand, at least I have enough wits to know that I'm making the right choices.

I'll be checking in on this forum from time-to-time until I get the game. It doesn't freak me out as bad as I may have made it seem to know details of games before I play them. I usually get naturally curious and I want to know a bit about what I'm getting into before I make the commitment of buying it. In this case though, I know that nothing will dissuade me from the purchase; I'm just going to be extra-judicious about what I choose to view, read, or listen to.

Later.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #28
j_harvill

Sorry to hear that everyone here deserves to get it day 1.

On the xbox. Just to get yall in the mood.

Herro der

Last edited by j_harvill; 09-16-2013 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote