Old 09-05-2013   #1
V3-571G

V3-571G is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Creating A New Texture In SparkIV?

Hello,

I am making a design to work with the Bugatti Veyron mod in GTA 4. The design is a replica of the 'Bugarti' seen at Wilton House classic and supercar show in the UK. The car was designed by an artist called Ian Cook, who uses radio controlled cars to make his artwork.

The good news is, i have completed the texture, but the bad news is, i can't import it into Vehicles.img with SparkIV.

Cars in GTA that have interesting paintwork designs will have a texture in their .wtd texture database named 'xxx_sign_1' and maybe 'xxx_sign_2' if there's more than one design. In the Bugatti Veyron mod however, there aren't any pre-made paintwork designs, so therefore there is no 'xxx_sign_1' file. SparkIV doesn't appear to allow you to create new textures, you can only replace them.

I need to know how to create a new texture so i can import my excellent design. Please help me!!

If the design is any good i will upload it to www.gta4-mods.com where you guys can download it. But i can't do this unless i know who to make new textures!

Thanks!

Last edited by V3-571G; 09-05-2013 at 07:18 AM..
V3-571G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure how it works with car textures but in OpenIV you can add textures (after you go into edit mode, just hit the green + symbol).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #3
V3-571G

V3-571G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I'm not sure how it works with car textures but in OpenIV you can add textures (after you go into edit mode, just hit the green + symbol).
Thanks but, the green plus icon only appears when you're inside the Vehicles.img; once you have entered the .wtd texture file, it is no longer there! Please see the screenshots below:

EDIT:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After updating the Bugatti Veyron model to the latest version, i discovered that the person who made the mod has now added skins, so now it's simply a matter of swapping the textures over in SparkIV. Easy!

What do you guys think to version 0.1? Still needs a bit of work but it's getting there!

Last edited by V3-571G; 09-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
V3-571G is offline   Reply With Quote