Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Any of you European bros going to Gamescom this year? Should be a pretty good show being that PS4 and Xbone will both be playable.
As usual, stuff is starting to leak before the show. NeoGaf's "crazy buttocks on a train" (apparently a MS employee who accurately leaks tons of info) revealed some good (and not so good) stuff.
- PS4 is coming out in October
- Xbone is delayed to 2014 in several markets in Europe (this is official) but the official reasoning given by MS (localization issues) is total BS. It has to do with poor APU yields and a lack of supply.
- Platinum Games is working on an Xbone exclusive game
- Microsoft won't have a press conference tomorrow and again their reasons are PR bullshit. The latest SDK dropped performance by 15-20% (this is normal in console development and will be fixed) but they don't want to show off poorly performing games.
- PS4 SDK is complete and the system is almost ready to ship.
- Microsoft's indie publishing policy isn't set and will be decided after launch
- Possibility of a lower priced Kinect-less Xbone SKU next year
- Big Park was working on a MOBA but MS is having them do TV shit instead
- RARE is still only focused on Kinect games. Thanks MS!
Other stuff that is known or rumored...
Sony will have a press conference tomorrow at 9 am which will officially reveal the PS4 launch date. MS won't have one, as mentioned.
Microsoft is paying EA a dickload of money to package FIFA 14 with every launch Xbone sold in Europe this year. (still more expensive than buying a PS4 + FIFA... lol)
A new Super Stardust game will apparently be at the Sony conference.
No new The Order 1886 info according to SSM.
War Thunder coming to PS4 with cross-platform multiplayer with PC players.
Updates on PS Vita at the Sony conference. Apparently a big AAA title coming to Vita.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|