Old 08-17-2013   #1
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Antagonists?

We're a month away from release and it strikes me that we've not had much of an impression of who the villains will be in the game, aside from a few things:

-Los Santos gangs for Franklin
-Rival drug dealers out in the country for Trevor

But nothing that seems more singular and affecting all three characters. I've got a few ideas based on what we know about them and what the trailers have shown:

-The three unwittingly(or not) rip off a major criminal organisation with one of their heists making them marked men
-The Feds. Either they straight up have to deal with the FIB investigating their crimes, or someone in the FIB who's corrupt tries to put the squeeze on them for a cut, being reminiscent of Officer Tenpenny in San Andreas. It does seem obvious after all that if Michael gets back into robbery, those who know his record will peg him as a suspect. There's also the mission we know about where they abduct a witness from the FIB building. I doubt that's a job they'd take on for hire. More likely that whatever the Witness is testifying to affects them in some way.
-Michael's past catches up to him. We know Michael got into Witness protection, so what if whoever he's hiding from tracks him down to get revenge, and Trevor and Franklin get dragged into it as his associates
-Each other? Now, I fully expect all three protagonists to be alive and free at the end of the main plotline, given the "endless" nature a sand box game demands, and eliminating even one of them from the equation probably takes away from that in a major way. That said, maybe at some point late on, the three have a falling out over something and are rivals/enemies for a while before patching things up? I could maybe see a humorous set of missions in the style of the Liberty City Museum Piece where on the same day, all three men decide to mess with each other in some way, you play through what happens from each of their perspectives until they all come together and realise it. For instance, they could all have the same idea to destroy each other's stash of loot, and upon realising after the fact what they'd done, hilarity ensues and they decide they need to do one last big job to make up for the loss.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #2
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
There's also the guys Michael is being under witness protection from. Also consider that Rockstar said the main characters will be both protagonists and antagonists.
Old 08-17-2013   #3
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
* Franklin's boss (Simeon Yeterian) could get angry with Michael for taking away Franklin, and hire thugs to come after you.

* Kifflom/Epsilon program leaders could also prove to be antagonistic at some point.

* The CEO(s) of company(ies) you rob could hire Merryweather contractors to get you after heists. Maybe one in particular takes a major dislike of the protags, and has to permanently removed.

* Lost MC rivalry with Trevor could very easily escalate into a full-blown war, requiring Michael and/or Franklin to assist.

* Ballas and Vagos could also see Trevor/Michael helping Franklin against them at some point.

I don't think we'll feel like we don't have enough enemies. I'm glad Rockstar is taking this approach of not showing much of the game beforehand.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote