Old 08-14-2013   #616
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

AgenBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Nah even if I knew how to, I can't simply use copyrighted models from other games

I can use a similar iron sight and rotate it myself but that will mean it's not as seamless as it would be when you'd actually have one that's designed for it.
That's actually allowed btw. People are ripping models of game. Unless it's ARMA lol.
Or alternatively you could install the skin in CS:S and rip it via 3DRipper.
AgenBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #617
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Just because people do it doesn't make it legal, arma is the only game where developers complained so far but that's probably because the rest doesn't even know. But 3DXRipper is too much of a hassle for just one single gun part, I've never really got that working right anyhow. So either find me a proper model on gamebanana or you're getting the gun as is (seen on the last screen).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #618
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Just because people do it doesn't make it legal, arma is the only game where developers complained so far but that's probably because the rest doesn't even know. But 3DXRipper is too much of a hassle for just one single gun part, I've never really got that working right anyhow. So either find me a proper model on gamebanana or you're getting the gun as is (seen on the last screen).
Ah okay them,I'll try to rip the model in 3dxripper.
If it fails I'll just accept the gun as seen on the last seen.
BTW,can you re-add the folded default ironsight of the gun like in the previous version?

EDIT: BINGO
side rail mount found
http://gamebanana.com/models/3090
Old 08-14-2013   #619
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Nice find, I'll add it to the gun

what do you mean folded ironsights? there's on in the front and one in the back (magpul ones I believe). Do you mean the one that was folded to the front (above the barrel?) Seems kinda useless to have two
Old 08-14-2013   #620
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Nice find, I'll add it to the gun

what do you mean folded ironsights? there's on in the front and one in the back (magpul ones I believe). Do you mean the one that was folded to the front (above the barrel?) Seems kinda useless to have two
Yes,that one. Actually 3 lol but I find that the gun feels lacking without it. Like something's missing. That's just me though

EDIT: Seems like I was drunk these days but I should've told you to put the Magpul BUIS on the 45 degree rail,sorry for not telling it earlier
Old 08-14-2013   #621
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Is this more or less what you had in mind?

Model on this pic is a little brighter than it really is, had to turn the brightness up because it's a bit hard to see

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-14-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 08-14-2013   #622
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Is this more or less what you had in mind?

Model on this pic is a little brighter than it really is, had to turn the brightness up because it's a bit hard to see
Exactly
This is awesome
Old 08-14-2013   #623
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Alright man test it out for me if you don't mind

http://www.mediafire.com/?0y699a35fewcf19

I'll send you a proper icon (and sound) later, just thought you might want to try it out. If there's anything wrong with the handpositioning or something like that just make a screenshot and show me what the problem is.
Old 08-14-2013   #624
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Alright man test it out for me if you don't mind

http://www.mediafire.com/?0y699a35fewcf19

I'll send you a proper icon (and sound) later, just thought you might want to try it out. If there's anything wrong with the handpositioning or something like that just make a screenshot and show me what the problem is.
Will the sound be complete? (Distant shot etc)
I just tested it and there are some things that might need a fix.
http://i.imgur.com/UOeTKuC.jpg
Purple spots on the gun
Smoothing error on EOTech(on the edge)
Also I forgot to mention that the front Magpul Ironsight should also be on the canted rail mount otherwise it's useless

Other than that it's perfect. Hand positioning is just perfect. No clipping whatsoever.

I got some EOTech models if the curent one is unfixable,just in case
http://gamebanana.com/models/2237
http://gamebanana.com/models/2957
http://gamebanana.com/models/2903(never seen anyone use this before)

Last edited by AgenBlaze; 08-14-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-14-2013   #625
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

The smoothing issues I've seen plenty of times before, might have something to do with not using the specular maps that are also designed for it. Problem with that is that most people use icenhancers, and with that they'll turn really shiny (almost mirror-like) if you use specular maps. I can mount on a different eotech but I don't know how much that'll do, I'll also mount the front iron sights on the rail.

Purple spots shouldn't be visible, the only thing I can imagine being the cause of that are the normal maps which are only intended for lighting. So maybe if you have a certain graphics mod installed it's causing this error
Old 08-15-2013   #626
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
The smoothing issues I've seen plenty of times before, might have something to do with not using the specular maps that are also designed for it. Problem with that is that most people use icenhancers, and with that they'll turn really shiny (almost mirror-like) if you use specular maps. I can mount on a different eotech but I don't know how much that'll do, I'll also mount the front iron sights on the rail.

Purple spots shouldn't be visible, the only thing I can imagine being the cause of that are the normal maps which are only intended for lighting. So maybe if you have a certain graphics mod installed it's causing this error
Hmm,the purple spots also appeared on the model viewer. And the previous HK416 I used(2 of them) doesn't have this issue. Any ideas?
The smoothing issue also shows up in the model viewer(OpenIV). I highly doubt it's my ENB. Still not sure though
Old 08-15-2013   #627
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Where exactly do these purple spots appear because I'm not seeing them in my model viewer, can you make a screenshot and put a circle around them or something?

I mean I'm using OpenIV and zooming in as close as possible and I still don't see anything, sure I do see the smoothing error (which mainly sticks out on the eotech) but no purple-ish area's anywhere.
Old 08-15-2013   #628
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Where exactly do these purple spots appear because I'm not seeing them in my model viewer, can you make a screenshot and put a circle around them or something?

I mean I'm using OpenIV and zooming in as close as possible and I still don't see anything, sure I do see the smoothing error (which mainly sticks out on the eotech) but no purple-ish area's anywhere.
This is strange lol
Here:
Oh here's an EMAG(which actually fits the HK416 IRL) and a better magpul MagPul model
EMAG: http://gamebanana.com/models/3031
MagPul: http://gamebanana.com/models/2906

Last edited by AgenBlaze; 08-15-2013 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-15-2013   #629
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Nah forget it I'm not going to mount on different stuff again, I'm gonna do my best to cancel out those purple spots and mount on a better looking eotech along with the front angled sights but that's it. I've spent way too much time on this single request already

- edit- Yeah it's just as I thought, the smoothing issues are because I don't use specular maps. Can't do much about that, I'm not that much of an expert on those.. I usually work with guns that only have static lighting and therefor don't need specular maps.

Those purple spots are still a mystery to me, they don't show up in autodesk .. so only after converting it they appear. So your guess is as good as mine on the cause of that. But let's be honest.. you really need a magnifying glass to see those, try zooming in so far on a default gta gun and see if you can count the pixels. I don't think you can even spot those ingame unless you'd have eagle eyes.

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-15-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 08-15-2013   #630
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Nah forget it I'm not going to mount on different stuff again, I'm gonna do my best to cancel out those purple spots and mount on a better looking eotech along with the front angled sights but that's it. I've spent way too much time on this single request already

- edit- Yeah it's just as I thought, the smoothing issues are because I don't use specular maps. Can't do much about that, I'm not that much of an expert on those.. I usually work with guns that only have static lighting and therefor don't need specular maps.

Those purple spots are still a mystery to me, they don't show up in autodesk .. so only after converting it they appear. So your guess is as good as mine on the cause of that. But let's be honest.. you really need a magnifying glass to see those, try zooming in so far on a default gta gun and see if you can count the pixels. I don't think you can even spot those ingame unless you'd have eagle eyes.
Okay then. But somehow I can see the purple spots pretty easily. I do have one last suggestion though. Use the textures from your previous HK416. I used it before and had no purple spots at all