Old 08-08-2013   #1561
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute

I was on Silvermoon EU, t's in the top 5 for realm population. However the Alliance to Horde ratio is 24:1...

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_rea...php?sort=Total
Old 08-09-2013   #1562
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
It's very easy to get PVP gear right now, I just went from nothing to halfway geared in one day.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #1563
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Admit this is the most badass looking motherfucker ever.

aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #1564
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I've been tempted to start playing again, I keep thinking of TBC ):
Old 08-12-2013   #1565
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I want to start playing again too. I'm just tired of the community. The loud minority is nothing but trolls and everyone else generally keeps to their own little social circle to avoid having to deal with them.

I tried making a guild with some friends to remedy this problem, but found it nearly impossible. If you aren't already a well-known guild, it's not easy to recruit people (especially on a bad realm). Cross-realm zones made it harder for smaller guilds to recruit people.

The new advanced cross-realm features in 5.4 might help, but I don't know. I think my time with WoW just might be over. Sadly, there aren't any other MMOs that I've tried that could replace WoW.
Old 08-12-2013   #1566
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

If I resub I know what will happen, I'll play for 5 minutes then log out and stop playing again.

I guess we could always like.. make a private server or something? A vanilla private server... Join a private server.

https://www.emeralddream.com/faq/index#feenix_realms

Imma try dis.

Last edited by Jay; 08-12-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #1567
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
I tried it. Gameplay was painful. I rolled a mage and could kill 2 or 3 mobs before I had to rest and wait for my mana to fill up. It took about 30 seconds (while drinking water) for my mana to refill. Other classes felt unpolished, and some are just a pain to level (paladin, priest, etc).

I do miss the old feel of the game, but I'm spoiled by the streamlined gameplay. It's too difficult for me to go back and play it, especially when I see the community of Emerald Dream's realm. Seems almost as bad as live WoW's community, except instead of wanting everything handed to them, they want to play the game like their life is on the line.

I might give it another go. Are you playing on Emerald Dream? If so, what faction? It'd probably be more fun if I had people to play with.
Old 08-13-2013   #1568
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Thats because vanilla wasnt better than wow now. Its because it was new game for you and you didnt know about anything better. Aaand people didnt put their gear and dps to maximum use with a calculator like nowadays. You could just afk on 40man raids and get oneshotted in pvp.
Old 08-13-2013   #1569
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

Exactly. I totally agree.

The mystery and intrigue is gone. Clearing a dungeon isn't regarded by my group as "Yeah! We did it!" It's more like "Well, we were expected to clear it." It's become more based on mechanical competition than the adventure.

If I started playing WoW in Cata/MoP, I'd still have that sense of wonder that I had about the game when I started playing. My gf started playing a year ago and she's still hooked on it like I was back in 2005/2006.

PS: "You must spread some Reputation before giving it to aRTee again."
Old 08-13-2013   #1570
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Vanilla/TBC was a huge grindfest but I still prefer old Azeroth, the old UD starting zone was great.

Private server would make sense for us though since we're spread out on EU/NA servers.
Old 08-13-2013   #1571
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

If the zones in vanilla would have been like they are now, and then an expansion would come that would turn the zones to the vanilla ones, you'd still feel same. Cos of the memories.
Old 08-13-2013   #1572
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

I'm not sure where this whole "vanilla was better" thing is coming from, who said that?

Only reason I chose a vanilla server was cause it's difficult to emulate most stuff post-WotLK because of scripting and changes to the game data.
Old 08-30-2013   #1573
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Started again!

Orc Rogue on Chamber of Aspects, playing with my best friend.

Shit nigga, this game has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #1574
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Started again!

Orc Rogue on Chamber of Aspects, playing with my best friend.

Shit nigga, this game has changed.
Gimme your battletag.
Old 08-31-2013   #1575
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Last time I checked there was this Pokemon style mini game where you chuck cages at pets.

>tfw no rocket mount