Old 05-20-2013   #1
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
RDR house in GTAV

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, in that case, sorry, but in Trailer 2, when Trevor is walking out of an exploding house, is it the ranch from RDR? If so, that'd be awesome. Heh.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #2
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
I also thought it is. I hope it is. hehe
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #3
DeVer47
Saha Maneh?

DeVer47 is on a distinguished roadDeVer47 is on a distinguished roadDeVer47 is on a distinguished road
I Think It's Not..
Well, It Looks Like RDR Ranch (MacFarlane)
but I Think That's Impossibru..
Because RDR is Set in Non-Fiction America, but GTA V is set in Fiction San Andreas State..

Maybe It's Just Because Some Easter Egg or Just R* Want To Put it..
DeVer47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #4
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, if John Marston's house is in GTA V - it will be as an easter-egg (or a coincidence.)

The world of Red Dead Redemption also isn't in the same universe as GTA since real-place names are mentioned (i.e; New York instead of Liberty City.)
Old 07-27-2013   #5
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
That's not necessarily true. They mention plenty of real-world place names in the GTA games. My theory is that GTA's universe is one in which the cities and such that we know simply declined or never developed, and other places developed instead. So there may be a New York in GTA, but it's only a small town, whereas Liberty became a state. Remember that RDR's towns and areas aren't real-world places either. This doesn't mean the universes are connected, but the converse is also true.

The real problem is that there simply aren't enough resources for Rockstar to fully create an entire country with all cities in a single game, and thus they are forced to reinvent things in an asymmetrical manner each time a new iteration of game systems are released. Otherwise, this Los Santos would be totally disconnected from GTA IV's Los Santos, based on the fact that the in-game TV showed San Andreas' version of LS, which we all know was simply due to the fact that, at the time, Rockstar hadn't designed the GTA V version of LS, yet.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #6
DeVer47
Saha Maneh?

DeVer47 is on a distinguished roadDeVer47 is on a distinguished roadDeVer47 is on a distinguished road
That Was 2008.. Rockstar Announced GTA V in November 2011 Am I Right?

Yeah You Right RDR Isn't A Real States Of America and Mexico..

Cannot Create entire Country With All Cities in a single game? So Isn't San Andreas (GTA SA) Is A Country? or A States?
Old 07-29-2013   #7
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
@DeVer47 - Red Dead Redemption was released in 2010 (set in 1911).

San Andreas is a state - however the other cities that are present in other games; Vice City and Liberty City and a couple of other places (Bullworth and Carcer City, I believe), at least for the 3D era games, exist in the same universe as each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol
So there may be a New York in GTA, but it's only a small town, whereas Liberty became a state. Remember that RDR's towns and areas aren't real-world places either. This doesn't mean the universes are connected, but the converse is also true.
That is a good point you bring up there regarding the placenames in Red Dead Redemption not being real - however, since Liberty City is basically GTA's version of New York, and the fact that New York is mentioned by name in Red Dead Redemption, I can't help but think that the Red Dead Redemption's world isn't in the same universe as the HD era GTA games. I forgot to mention that California is also mentioned by name in Red Dead Redemption - which is San Andreas in the GTA universe.

Furthermore, I actually did some reading around the place - and I found something that stated that Rockstar said in an Asked & Answered article on their Newswire ages ago that Red Dead Redemption and GTA weren't in the same universe. I can't seem to find the article though.
Old 07-29-2013   #8
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
The cities in the GTA series don't replace the real-life cities on which they are based, but exist alongside them. We know this from GTA: Vice City, which mentions the real life Times Square as well as fictional Liberty City. This doesn't mean that RDR and GTA take place in the same universe, but isn't evidence that they don't either.

That said, even if the two series take place in the same universe, the MacFarlane ranch is located in the state of New Austin (based on Texas \ New Mexico \ Arizona) and not in Los Santos' state of San Andreas (based on California \ Nevada).

Last edited by ZCAB; 07-29-2013 at 04:27 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that Vice City is in Florida has always tripped me the fuck out.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #10
DeVer47
Saha Maneh?

Vice City In Florida? i Though It Was Miami..

@Johnny-Z = Owh.. I Forget.. Thx for Remind Me..
@ZCAB= Yeah You were Right That Was I'm Trying To Say But I Really Not Good At English..

Oh Yeah.. Did San Andreas In GTA V Has 3 Cities Or Only Los Santos And The Surrounding Countryside and Desert?
Old 08-01-2013   #11
JackKlompus

JackKlompus is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to see a GTA take places where an RDR does, but obviously in the future/present time period.

The majority of RDR took place in Texas/Mexico, a place that GTA has never been before. Sure the series' don't seem to tie together, because of what the previous posters have mentioned, but it would be really cool to see a modern RDR setting. There could even be a museum that you can visit in game, with tons of references back to a previous RDR game.

It would be really awesome to play as the descendant of an RDR character, like John Marston's great great great grandson or something like that. Even throw in an RDR weapon for the character to use that was passed from generation to generation.

Last edited by JackKlompus; 08-01-2013 at 04:26 PM..
JackKlompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #12
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as Manhunts Carser City has been mentioned in the GTA universe, I dont see why RDRs map wont be. I doubt we will ever see parts of it in GTA V but we could definitely get references or maybe characters from that area. As ZCAB said, new austin is based around texas, arizona and new mexico. Id say west elizabeth was more of a stretch between montana and winconsin. Im guessing blackwater is south of chicago, where his father went blind during a bar fight, and tall trees be the mountains in montana.
I do doubt the possibility of seeing any relation to RDR, though.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #13
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVer47 View Post
Vice City In Florida? i Though It Was Miami..
Based on Miami, which is in Florida. There's numerous references to Florida on the in-game radio.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #14
DeVer47
Saha Maneh?

Owh.. Miami in Florida... Sorry
i Don't know..

What Could It Gonna Be If RDR Sets in Present? A Cowboy In The Middle Of Modern City?