Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013   #46
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
That is awesome, is that part of a series or a one off?
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013   #47
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute

victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #48
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
The gameplay looks absolutely amazing. I was wondering how they would outdo GTAIV, but it seems like they're on their way to doing so.

I especially like the way controlling 3 characters seems to work. If I understood correctly, you'll be able to switch at any time and see what the other character(s) are up to. That makes it seem like they're putting more of a focus on individual characters having more developed lives.

I can't wait to play it, seems like a blast
Old 07-20-2013   #49
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
GTA 5 is making 4 look like an alpha build.
Old 07-21-2013   #50
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
GTA 5 is making 4 look like an alpha build.
I would say it's more relative to how San Andreas made GTA III look. At face value, San Andreas looks better but III is arguably a better game.
Old 07-22-2013   #51
Rizqan7
Just Beginner Modder

Location: Ahmad Yani Street, Subdistrict Kuaro, Paser Regency, Kalimantan East, Indonesia.
Rizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished road
The gameplay is very smooth, but I know my old laptop can't run this amazing game except I change the Intel 4 Chipset Family to Nvidia GTX, that's so amazing!
Old 07-22-2013   #52
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
I would say it's more relative to how San Andreas made GTA III look. At face value, San Andreas looks better but III is arguably a better game.
I enjoyed SA far more than III. I just believe that III was a good game but was great because ti was revolutionary. Same thing with IV and V. Stoked for V after not being a huge fan of IV.
Old 07-22-2013   #53
victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by John JJ View Post
I enjoyed SA far more than III. I just believe that III was a good game but was great because ti was revolutionary. Same thing with IV and V. Stoked for V after not being a huge fan of IV.
Well, I can never really decide because it's an unfair comparison. What I meant to say is that III is arguably better because it was the building blocks and without it San Andreas could never have existed. It's the same deal, I wouldn't say IV looks like an "alpha build" in comparison, because it's more than 5 years old and without it we wouldn't be getting a game like GTA V right now.

I guess the best way of putting it is, what was the better title at the time of release? Of course San Andreas is going to be better in the grand scheme of things.

(Vice City is and always will be my favourite)
Old 07-25-2013   #54
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Well, I can never really decide because it's an unfair comparison. What I meant to say is that III is arguably better because it was the building blocks and without it San Andreas could never have existed. It's the same deal, I wouldn't say IV looks like an "alpha build" in comparison, because it's more than 5 years old and without it we wouldn't be getting a game like GTA V right now.

I guess the best way of putting it is, what was the better title at the time of release? Of course San Andreas is going to be better in the grand scheme of things.

(Vice City is and always will be my favourite)
Ahhh ok I see what you mean. I agree for sure. I can't look at III the same way after San Andreas but III did have its peak.
Old 07-26-2013   #55
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
Some things are better than others. For example: everyone seemed to agree that Vice City had a great soundtrack, yet the game world was flat and actually felt smaller compared to GTA III (even though GTA III's world was, in fact, smaller.)

GTA IV brought good things to the game, but it also obviously scaled back a lot of ambitious stuff that was in GTA: SA. GTA IV has a superior physics engine (which was fun to play with), but its more "realistic" gameplay was also seen by most as limiting the escapism that GTA: VC and GTA: SA had.

I think what's important is that every GTA game is good (except maybe London 1969), and most people can appreciate any limitations that exist in the older games.
mrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #56
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Wow guys. I had a GTA V trailer binge, and just for the hell of it, I watched the GTA IV trailers.

They haven't aged that good. The game looks much duller than what we've seen from GTA V.

(That said, I still love GTA IV and play it to this day)
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote