Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013   #31
Runner 500
Police Officer

Runner 500 is on a distinguished roadRunner 500 is on a distinguished road
It's really awesome, better than GTA IV. From what i see in the official gameplay video i see: the shooting mechanics is from Max Payne 3, the car physics feel almost like a racing game and stick to the ground a bit better, the animals and wilderness from Red Dead Redemption, character switching, some vehicles from GTA IV returns to GTA V, car customization, weapon customization, more clothes, sports to play, heist missions, can dive underwater, and more.

Hope it will be released on PC.

After watching the gameplay video, it makes me wanna play GTA V right now.

Last edited by Runner 500; 07-10-2013 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Runner 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #32
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's pretty much guaranteed to be released on PC at some point, just a few months after console debut.
Old 07-10-2013   #33
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
As deep and expansive and beautiful as this game appears to be, I can't believe it's running on the old as dust hardware from the 360 and PS3. We've all heard of engineering marvels...and my hats off to Rockstar if it really does run and play as shown in the trailers on these consoles. How the hell is it possible?! This is truly a next gen game by all means yet here it is doing its thing on these 7-8 year old boxes.

I just have a feeling what we've seen is either from a suped up PC or is from Xbox One/PS4. Think about guys...there's really no way we're going to get this amazing experience on this old of hardware, I swear it just seems too good to be true.
Old 07-10-2013   #34
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The thing I'm curious about is the fact that this upcoming generation and the generation before it are on a completely different playing field in terms of architecture.

We know for sure it's coming on 360/PS3 from the official blog and it's 8GB installation requirement stating 360/PS3, but will we see a port to PS4/One in the months following that instead of a pure focus on PC?

I know the new consoles are supposed to be miles easier to code for, but how easy is it to go from an archaic architecture and port it to something more akin to a modern PC architecture? Hell, I think you don't even need to port from a console base of the game, you could simply tweak the available PC build to port it from what I understand of the new consoles.

I bet money that a PS4/One port will happen eventually, bigger crowd of players to buy your game and some experience in development for any future titles
Old 07-10-2013   #35
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
Did you notice it said something like "84 Days" over the multiplayer avatar at some points, wonder what that means...

Edit: it was "83 days"

Could be days until release? It's at about 60-something now and at the time they captured the video it could have been 83.
Old 07-10-2013   #36
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
69 to be precise

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I just have a feeling what we've seen is either from a suped up PC or is from Xbox One/PS4. Think about guys...there's really no way we're going to get this amazing experience on this old of hardware, I swear it just seems too good to be true.
Well the gameplay footage from yesterday was Sony based, X to Rappel, R2 to shoot. So I'm assuming it was the PS3 build of the game.

But I swear I remember someone from R* saying that they were focusing on building the best on the engine that they currently have, I have no source info but I could swear I remember reading it somewhere. So I highly doubt we're seeing PS4 footage.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #37
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar have confirmed multiple times that the footage from yesterdays video was the PS3 version and even some journalist have taken to Twitter to say it is the PS3 version as the graphics are the same as the build they viewed a few weeks back.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #38
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
As deep and expansive and beautiful as this game appears to be, I can't believe it's running on the old as dust hardware from the 360 and PS3. We've all heard of engineering marvels...and my hats off to Rockstar if it really does run and play as shown in the trailers on these consoles. How the hell is it possible?! This is truly a next gen game by all means yet here it is doing its thing on these 7-8 year old boxes.

Did you see some of the games released on PS2 nearing the end of its life? Some of them looked almost as good, if not as good as very early PS3/360 games.

If a "next-gen" GTA looks this good on these systems, just imagine a GTA pushed to the limits in the next-next gen.

So far, this appears to be everything IV should have been. Doesn't seem like I am going to have to pretend to like it when it releases.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #39
Rizqan7
Just Beginner Modder

Location: Ahmad Yani Street, Subdistrict Kuaro, Paser Regency, Kalimantan East, Indonesia.
Rizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I think GTA V is the biggest game in the world
Rizqan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #40
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
The thing I'm curious about is the fact that this upcoming generation and the generation before it are on a completely different playing field in terms of architecture.

We know for sure it's coming on 360/PS3 from the official blog and it's 8GB installation requirement stating 360/PS3, but will we see a port to PS4/One in the months following that instead of a pure focus on PC?

I know the new consoles are supposed to be miles easier to code for, but how easy is it to go from an archaic architecture and port it to something more akin to a modern PC architecture? Hell, I think you don't even need to port from a console base of the game, you could simply tweak the available PC build to port it from what I understand of the new consoles.

I bet money that a PS4/One port will happen eventually, bigger crowd of players to buy your game and some experience in development for any future titles
Well, they'll almost certainly be making a PC version of it, they've done the same thing with every 3D GTA game, where they've denied a PC version until after release, and as Xbone and PS4 have PC based architecture, it certainly isn't a stretch to give us an Xbone/PS4 version at 1080p/60fps with higher definition textures, and more cars/pedestrians able to be rendered simultaneously.

I've already preordered it on PS3 for release, but I would also buy it on PS4 if they did this, and I really hope they do.
Old 07-10-2013   #41
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
While I think GTA V looks great, and seems very well designed and detailed, I really don't see anything in it that should be impossible on the current generation of consoles.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #42
Rizqan7
Just Beginner Modder

Location: Ahmad Yani Street, Subdistrict Kuaro, Paser Regency, Kalimantan East, Indonesia.
Rizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished roadRizqan7 is on a distinguished road
I don't too like Trevor, He has crazy because drinking alcoholic drink and maybe if I controlled he, he walks like idiot man, differently
Rizqan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #43
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Trevor trying to stomp a leg down the toilet was priceless.
awaiting .gif

Quote:

Multiple discs like Max Payne 3?
Old 07-12-2013   #44
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizqan7 View Post
I don't too like Trevor, He has crazy because drinking alcoholic drink and maybe if I controlled he, he walks like idiot man, differently
but...

victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #45
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
but...

That's the most adorable fan art that could possibly be made out of either of these series.