Old 06-14-2013   #1
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
The Last of Us.

OH MY GOD!

All I'm saying.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #2
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
That intro. Wow.

Loving it so far.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #3
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
This game is utter perfection. Just got out of Pittsburgh with Henry and Sam...

OH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MAN. SAM AND HENRY! Those feels will be felt for a long time.

I don't know how far I am into this game because I've died/had to replay almost every single section so many times. It's pretty hard on hard, can't imagine what "Survivor" is like. I just don't ever want it to end.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #4
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Be prepared for more emotional shit, dude.

Near end game spoilers (I think I am on the last "mission" right now, feels like it anyway)

I really thought Joel was going to die or something, would have been interesting to finish the game with Ellie. It's tense as fuck though now, switching between Joel and Ellie. Also, why did the fucking horse have to die :'(

I'm at 87% so yeah, pretty sure it's almost over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Be honest with me, if I sit down and play this tonight, how long will it last?
Old 06-15-2013   #6
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
That depends if you enjoy playing with clunky controls and shitty gameplay. It's only worth it for the visuals and story. About 8 hours I think.
eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #7
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Be honest with me, if I sit down and play this tonight, how long will it last?
I'm at 87% and have played for 13h18m so far, and this is on normal. I switched to hard a few hours ago because it was to easy. So i am thinking a good 15h.

Motherfucking giraffes!

Quote:
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; 06-15-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Old 06-15-2013   #8
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
That depends if you enjoy playing with clunky controls and shitty gameplay. It's only worth it for the visuals and story. About 8 hours I think.
It's a 14+ hour game. Also the controls are not clunky. Have you even played it? Reviewers were not just praising the story and graphics... The gameplay is extremely tense at times.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 06-15-2013   #9
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Just finished it.

not sure about the ending. I was expecting a RDR ending where you were both going to die in a rain of bullets when you were carrying ellie outside. Not sure if I find Joel selfish

Good fucking game though. Second best of this generation for me. RDR still gets #1

Quote:

Last edited by Bonecrusher; 06-15-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-15-2013   #10
Piggus
Wicked Member

I switched to Hard difficulty as well and the AI seems more aware now and can see me from further back. I take damage more realistically now too. Man there have been soooo many situations where I've survived with just a tiny sliver of health. So intense. I love how stupid shit like regenerating health are not part of this.

Also anyone who thinks this even remotely similar to Uncharted is a troll or just incredibly fucking restarted. It feels NOTHING like uncharted other than the occasional prompts to helper your companion up a ledge, etc.

Old 06-16-2013   #11
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
so far it's better than uncharted lol... well no, ND makes great games period. But oh man, i just got to Tommy now, and damn, i don't want this to end.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #12
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I can't imagine anyone saying the actual gameplay is the same as Uncharted, but you can certainly tell it was made and written by the same people, which is by no means a bad thing.

By the way, oh my god. I feel like I've been saying that a lot. Post-University of Colorado spoilers:

Suddenly playing as Ellie. I'm assuming Joel is not dead though. At least I hope Joel is not dead. I love it when games add spice like this, I'm just hoping it doesn't go full-blown Jack Marston on all of us.

Speaking of the University of Colorado. When you're in the dorms and you drop down into a room with five Clickers and one of those big "fuck off" motherfuckers, man, I was having heart palpitations. Managed to get through all the Clickers the first time, but figured I'd avoid the fat cunt, I evaded him and then the door jammed and he ripped my skull open. I wonder how many people tried the exact same thing. On my second try, I killed that mother with fire.
Old 06-16-2013   #13
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

That part was frustrating as fuck.

I went to the door before turning on the generator so I knew you needed a card. When I turned it on and those fuckers came I just sprinted around finding the door again haha.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013   #14
victim

Oh yeah, when they all run at you, I was just "fuck, I can't deal with this shit."

Winter spoilers:

MY HORSE! What the fuck game, not cool.

I'm really enjoying playing as Ellie, though it definitely has something to do with her indestructible knife. Why can't Joel get one of those?
Old 06-17-2013   #15
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Just got to the museum part, been playing on Hard since the beginning. It feels like I'm playing Uncharted but with zombies as the main enemy. Looking forward to finishing it but I'm not blown away like I thought I would be.