Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013   #1
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Upset with smarter cop AI

Stupid thread, a giant what if, but here goes.

How upset would you be if the police AI would fine or ticket you for minor traffic violations, swiping a car, running a red, etc etc? Personally I think it adds depth, others thinks it ruins GTA. Your thoughts?
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #2
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
eh, it would depend on how exactly it would be implemented. I remember playing Driver 2 wayyyyyy back in the day, and if you floored it anywhere around a cop, blue lights were coming for you. but if there were no cops around, then it was off to the races.

The question is, would it follow suit to other AI? Like if someone hit you, like it would happen so many times in 4.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #3
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
I'd hope it would. I'd love to see a police chase happening that I was just a bystander in, could be an interesting diversion.
Old 06-07-2013   #4
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
No preference it would be cool if you had the choice to turn it off and on.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #5
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
They did that in the Driver series. It was annoying as hell. I think they know better than to do that.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #6
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
True just a thought is all.

Last edited by j_harvill; 06-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: unnecessary remark
Old 06-08-2013   #7
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrebholz View Post
They did that in the Driver series. It was annoying as hell. I think they know better than to do that.
Who says R* couldn't do it better?
Old 06-08-2013   #8
j_harvill

R* does everything better. Very few compare.
Old 06-08-2013   #9
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Exactly. I know it's silly but Rockstar is seriously the only gaming company i really trust.
Old 06-08-2013   #10
j_harvill

R* then Bethesda that's it for me.
Old 06-09-2013   #11
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I don't care how smart they get really. I just never understood how a one star wanted level authorized the cops to stat shooting. I'm notreally keen on the ide of getting stars for things that would really slow the pace down or make an already difficult mission damn near impossible.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #12
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I don't care how smart they get really. I just never understood how a one star wanted level authorized the cops to stat shooting. I'm notreally keen on the ide of getting stars for things that would really slow the pace down or make an already difficult mission damn near impossible.
Chances are you'd already have a few stars if you're already in a mission. Usually a store robbery does trigger an alarm lol.
Old 06-09-2013   #13
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
I do agree that the whole star process should be somewhat overhauled. i hated how in IV if you ran from the cops, they automatically pulled out their gun and shot you down. I feel until you bring out a weapon, it should only be a one star. It would be interesting if the star process was based on how much damage you've done to the city. like actually based on that. So if all you're doing is speeding around, it shouldn't really warrant a 3 star, where its shoot to kill. Now if you kill a cop, it should automatically jump to a 3 star. Just a few thoughts from this morning.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #14
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta4crazy1 View Post
I do agree that the whole star process should be somewhat overhauled. i hated how in IV if you ran from the cops, they automatically pulled out their gun and shot you down. I feel until you bring out a weapon, it should only be a one star. It would be interesting if the star process was based on how much damage you've done to the city. like actually based on that. So if all you're doing is speeding around, it shouldn't really warrant a 3 star, where its shoot to kill. Now if you kill a cop, it should automatically jump to a 3 star. Just a few thoughts from this morning.
depends on how you do it, if you kill the cop and its witnessed, 4 stars, manhunt time
Old 06-09-2013   #15
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21 View Post
Chances are you'd already have a few stars if you're already in a mission. Usually a store robbery does trigger an alarm lol.
What I meant was to say you're in a mission like "Three Leaf Clover". You've just fought your way past cops and have evaded them long enough or were able to hit a pay and spray but you're still low on health from the gunfight. Then you blow through a red light to get to the final objetive and the new AI goes on alert again. If you get caught in the wrong place a ped cop could hit you through the windshield ending that attempt.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote