Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013   #1
Sykasaur
Newbie Member

Sykasaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Any way to get rid of the in-car reverse animation for first-person mod?

I play with the first-person mod installed, and whenever I go to back up in cars with the low vehicle .wad animations, Niko turns around, and you can see straight through his head. This is very annoying to me, so is there a way to make the reverse animation the same as the one used for trucks without completely replacing the entire .wad file? Or is there any other way to make it so that backing up looks normal in first-person?

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1...3051400003.jpg

Last edited by Sykasaur; 05-14-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Sykasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #2
WaffleHouseTits

WaffleHouseTits is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry it has taken two weeks for this to be answered. I am sure it can be but you would first need to identify the exact animation your wanting to NOT occur. Second, identify the normal driving animation. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ANIMS.IMG FIRST. If you screw up and don't have a backup, you'll have to reinstall the whole game. Again, BACK UP ANIMS.IMG.

1. Launch OpenIV
2. Navigate to animations.
3. Extract normal driving animation.
4. Rename extracted normal driving animation to reverse animation.
5. Insert your renamed animation back into anims.img
6. Rebuild and test.

That is the gist of it, the hardest (or shall I say most time consuming) part is identifying the animation. If you have simple native you can thumb through all the animation sets until you find it.

NOTE: I know there are some head tilt animations where the player looks slightly to left/right, that also function in the driving position. If you pinpoint on of those, you could replace the normal backup animation with that so it doesn't look like he couldn't give a flying **** whats behind him.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Other players will see the normal back-up animation if they haven't done this themselves.
WaffleHouseTits is offline   Reply With Quote