Old 05-21-2013   #151
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japisee View Post
500 bucks to play with bros on a couch on a big ass tv for at least 5 years seems reasonable
Exactly.

I don't get why a lot of people moan about the price when they are willing to upgrade their expensive as shit smartphone every single year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #152
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Exactly.

I don't get why a lot of people moan about the price when they are willing to upgrade their expensive as shit smartphone every single year.
Well for starters, i cant be fucked buying a playstation. I would rather buy a high end pc simply for upgrading the hardware for better graphics and gaming experience, also for flexibility in the games (modding etc.).
If I want a PS4 id buy one, but i would rather spend the money on something more long term atleast until the price goes down.
The price isnt a problem for me, its the fact that I dont intend on forking out X amount of dollars on something that I cant upgrade in the future, but rather put in an extra couple of hundread for something that i can upgrade.... then eventually buying the console later down the track.

I went over my point twice in different ways, understand my point?

Also I dont pay for my Galaxy S3 upfront either, its split over a 12 month contract amongst my monthly bills and it costs less than a tank of petrol. I dont understand the difficulty in a yearly smartphone upgrade.

Last edited by iKlipse; 05-21-2013 at 07:28 AM..
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #153
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Well for starters, i cant be fucked buying a playstation. I would rather buy a high end pc simply for upgrading the hardware for better graphics and gaming experience, also for flexibility in the games (modding etc.).
I been saying that for years its the main reason I stay on PC vs console

though since PS4 and Xbox One will be X86/X64, its a step in the right direction finally so maybe in the future consoles will be upgradeable as well.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 05-21-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #154
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I am confused as to which thread to put posts in now, as the post I moved to the other thread has points valid for both threads. W/e I will just re-post it here too.

Actually fuck both of the new systems. I forgot all about backwards compatibility, and their lack of.

Same thing that fucked the newer PS3s over for me. ESPECIALLY since they started with it, there was NO goddamned excuse to do away with it. One of the only really cool things about PS3s is that they are region free among Blu-rays and PS3 games. Sadly, the old BC models aren't BC with imported PS1/2 games, though.

I can just rip those and play them on emulator, along with my other games anyway and look much better than the original hardware of either PS2/3could EVER make it.

Luckily my PS3 is an older model, and if anything happens to it that I can't fix somehow, I would never buy a new one. The only way I would EVER buy a newer one would be if the prices on them nosedived later on down the line after the new console release.

The newer system's lack of BC is a MUCH bigger deal, considering some could potentially have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of games, in physical, or virtual form, that are pretty much useless when current gen systems either die or are no longer produced.

Like hell they would even implement BC even if they could, (and who the hell says they really can't), they wouldn't sell older systems if they did that, likely the reason Sony scrapped it with the PS3 when PS2s were still being produced, $100 a pop they were losing at the time per sell of PS3, ON TOP of the money they were losing just from the components of it. They would be losing 2-300 a fucking pop now, and that goes for both Sony and Microsoft this time around because Microsoft (OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE) was actually fucking nice enough to keep that goddamn feature (albeit dodgy for certain titles) all this time with the 360.

If anything it is genius on their part not including it, even if they could, aside from fucking over millions upon millions of people that have tons of older PS2/3 games.

Too bad the Xbox One we get won't be the Dev one. The one we get will have microscopic tabs/windows from all the goddamn ads they will ejaculate all over the screen constantly all the time. I wonder if they will cram ads in between category/tab switches.

"Watch TV"
>Ad about IE
"Play Game
>Ad about Windows 8
"Go To movies"
>Ad about IE

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #155
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
there was NO goddamned excuse to do away with it. ]
Price of the console.

Also, iirc, they will be available at some point through PSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #156
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
in the future consoles will be upgradeable as well.
congratulations, you just missed the point of having a console
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #157
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
I been saying that for years its the main reason I stay on PC vs console

though since PS4 and Xbox One will be X86/X64, its a step in the right direction finally so maybe in the future consoles will be upgradeable as well.
The problem is you're missing out on A LOT of really great games that aren't on PC. You're aware that many PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Journey are some of the most critically acclaimed games ever made, right? Do you really care about the hardware more than the games? Yeah, having a nice PC is cool for third party games since you can crank up the settings and everything looks pretty. But doesn't make some of the amazing PS3 exclusives (same goes for Nintendo as well) any worse. In fact my favorite game of this generation isn't even on PC.

You know I love PC gaming as much as you do, but you're missing out on some really amazing experiences by limiting yourself to the PC in the same way that console-only gamers are limiting their experiences.

Upgrades on consoles probably isn't gonna happen for manufacturing reasons by the way. Consoles are not modular like a PC. In fact on PS4, the CPU and GPU are on a single chip, so there isn't even a graphics card. This single APU has direct access to 8 GBs of GDDR5 which is significantly faster and easier to develop for than even the regular PC architecture. If it were modular like a PC, they would lose a lot of the latency and bandwidth benefits that they've worked so hard to engineer.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #158
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
So wait, PS4 isn't backwards compatible?

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #159
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppar View Post
So wait, PS4 isn't backwards compatible?
Nope. Will have some cloud-based function implementing playable PS3/PS2 games later on though.
Old 05-22-2013   #160
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
The problem is you're missing out on A LOT of really great games that aren't on PC. You're aware that many PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Journey are some of the most critically acclaimed games ever made, right? Do you really care about the hardware more than the games? Yeah, having a nice PC is cool for third party games since you can crank up the settings and everything looks pretty. But doesn't make some of the amazing PS3 exclusives (same goes for Nintendo as well) any worse. In fact my favorite game of this generation isn't even on PC.

You know I love PC gaming as much as you do, but you're missing out on some really amazing experiences by limiting yourself to the PC in the same way that console-only gamers are limiting their experiences.

Upgrades on consoles probably isn't gonna happen for manufacturing reasons by the way. Consoles are not modular like a PC. In fact on PS4, the CPU and GPU are on a single chip, so there isn't even a graphics card. This single APU has direct access to 8 GBs of GDDR5 which is significantly faster and easier to develop for than even the regular PC architecture. If it were modular like a PC, they would lose a lot of the latency and bandwidth benefits that they've worked so hard to engineer.
Im not overly phased by exclusives like uncharted etc. I prefer GTA on PC, along with fps and many other types of games. I started playing games using a mouse and keyboard and i do enjoy that the most. Again, also the freedom and possibilities to get the most out of the games with modifications and graphics. I find PCs much more appealing.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #161
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I like a mix of both.

And again it looks like a PlayStation/PC combo is the way for me next gen.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #162
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
has everyone seen the mockup by a redditor?

it looks pretty nice. wouldnt be disappointed if it looked like this:

i think the grill at the front will be at the back tho

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #163
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppar View Post
has everyone seen the mockup by a redditor?

it looks pretty nice. wouldnt be disappointed if it looked like this:

i think the grill at the front will be at the back tho
I dont know, I think having the vents on the front could be a good idea, think about where most people's consoles are, in a cabinet or on a shelf with the back against a wall, where air circulation will be worse. Surely having a vent on the front means the system can stay cooler while running the fans slower, thus saving power and causing less noise.
Old 05-22-2013   #164
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like a backwards Sky+ HD Box with Vents, ...then again Xbox One looks like a Betamax Player, so I guess Sony would be the more modern design in that front.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #165
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
How about a black monolith that changes it's color depending on which game you play and lures you into a trance to reprogram you?