Old 05-21-2013   #61
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...box-one-reveal

Fuckin hilarious.
Old 05-21-2013   #62
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Why isn't this in media & entertainment because it was the announcement of a TV-box. not a game console
eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #63
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
OK this looks great. Big things that appeal to me:

- They fixed my biggest problem with Xbox 360, the slow menus.
- The controller looks even better and the 'impulse triggers' could make for some real fun in driving games
- The promise of dedicated servers for online games should improve stability and help increase player numbers in individual matches
- The snap to left / right will be cool if it works as well as it does in Windows 8

Other than that they didn't really show many games but I imagine it won't be short of them.

Just need to preorder it now.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #64
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Not showing many games when they said they wouldn't be focusing on games at this press conference. Go figure.
Old 05-21-2013   #65
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a complete waste of money at this point.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #66
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
A VERY informative highlight reel that basically sums up the entire presentation for anyone who may have missed it.

TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #67
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, "one of the fascinating new addition to your squad is a dog. This is someone you care about." I've heard that a few times before...

So there's no Always Online, but you still have to connect online every 24 hours, way to fix the actual complaint Microsoft. The reason people were upset is because there internet connections aren't great (mine is wavy at best) so if they can't connect they can't play.

..and not being able to lend games because the lendee (that's apparently not a word according to chrome) must pay a "fee" that is as much as the game costs anyway. That may be the most aggravating thing I have ever heard. I don't want to even think about it.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #68
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I like Don Matrick. Seems like a really likable guy and he's obviously excited to be up there on stage. I just wish the other people running Xbox division as a whole hadn't become so anti-consumer after Kinect came on the scene.

Remember the Xbox 360 reveal? These guys were actually passionate about gaming.

Also lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post

..and not being able to lend games because the lendee (that's apparently not a word) must pay a "fee" that is as much as the game costs anyway. That may be the most aggravating thing I have ever heard. I don't want to even think about it.
lol, what's really funny is they're going to set up their own used game market that ensures all of the money goes to Microsoft/the publishers rather than a used game store (which essentially survive on used game sales.) So basically that would be like being forced to sell your car to back to Ford so that they can re-sell the car themselves for a profit. It's amazingly sleazy and I genuinely hope it backfires on them.

Last edited by Piggus; 05-21-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #69
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Well, Xbox lovers will always buy an Xbox, just as PS lovers will always buy a Playstation. What the marketing needs to do is aim for the guys in the middle, the people on the fence that just want the best possible experience out of whichever console they buy. At the moment, I see no reason why the people on the fence would get the Xbox One over a PS4. In that sense, it will backfire.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #70
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #71
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah im really confused as to why its called Xbox One. MS sound like theyre dyslexic, last time it was Xbox 360, now they have a 3rd console called Xbox One.

Im completely mind fucked.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #72
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #73
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome lol^

Eurogamer Digital Foundry just went through their spec analysis and confirmed unsurprisingly, the leaked specs from the XDA were true. 1.2 TF GPU (which is basically a radeon 7770) and weird use of SRAM that will make programming more complicated. The system is 33% less powerful than PS4 even when you don't consider the PS4's GDDR5 advantage. It's pretty clear (and mentioned in the article) that the PS4 was built as a gaming platform and the Xbone was built as a more general purpose system.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...lysis-xbox-one

Last edited by Piggus; 05-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 05-22-2013   #74
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm interested how this actually performs in terms of sales, and I really want to see what market research they did to come to the conclusion that everyone wants a system that needs an always-on Kinect that is going to be used primarily to watch shit that everybody's already got devices for.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #75
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I'm interested how this actually performs in terms of sales, and I really want to see what market research they did to come to the conclusion that everyone wants a system that needs an always-on Kinect that is going to be used primarily to watch shit that everybody's already got devices for.
They're clearly not interested in the type of gamer that made them really successful this gen. If the Xbone had the same design philosophy as the 360 did back in 2005 I'd buy it in an instant. But most of those people don't even work for the Xbox division anymore. :/

They looked at Kinect's success and are trying to bank on it in the same way Nintendo is trying to bank on the success of the Wii - by targeting the casual audience. Look how that turned out... What they don't realize is that most of the casual audience has moved to mobile gaming and it's the core gamers who get the ball rolling. I can only see Xbone doing well in the US since most of the services shown are only available here. But even people here think it looks like a piece of crap. They've pretty much abandoned Japan completely and Europe was Sony-land already (except for in the UK, the 51st state).

According to some in-the-know admins at Neogaf, Sony is going to bring an absolute avalanche of games to E3 and go for the death blow. It's not going to be pretty.

Edit: lol, that's SunhiLegend's gif. That dude lives up to his name.

Last edited by Piggus; 05-22-2013 at 12:59 PM..